#11 Marius

Marius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE(SideShow Phil @ Mar 6 2007, 02:15 PM) View Post
LOL hate to say this but I am sitting in Row G as well...gonna be a squueeeeze !

lol what dates are everyong going? me 16 June at 230pm row G

#12 SideShow Phil

SideShow Phil

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE(Marius @ Mar 6 2007, 02:31 PM) View Post
lol what dates are everyong going? me 16 June at 230pm row G

SNAP ! this is getting a bit worrying LOL

#13 curzon

curzon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 04:28 PM

STILL no cast though. I'm blowed if I'm going to book without knowing who's in it!

Sebastian

#14 Marius

Marius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE(curzon @ Mar 6 2007, 04:28 PM) View Post
STILL no cast though. I'm blowed if I'm going to book without knowing who's in it!

Sebastian

Doesnt bother me really, im sure they will be good as its the ROH, and at 18 top price im happy to take the risk. Plus this will only be my second Sondheim show (saw Sunday in Park last year) and dont really know much about Sondheim shows so im looking forward to seeing something very new to me and experience something different

#15 curzon

curzon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE(Marius @ Mar 6 2007, 04:30 PM) View Post
Doesnt bother me really, im sure they will be good as its the ROH, and at 18 top price im happy to take the risk. Plus this will only be my second Sondheim show (saw Sunday in Park last year) and dont really know much about Sondheim shows so im looking forward to seeing something very new to me and experience something different
The trouble for me is not the ticket price. It's the cost of getting up to town from the West country, parking, eating, the bloody congestion charge.... So I think I'll wait for the cast list.

Sebastian

#16 Marius

Marius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE(curzon @ Mar 6 2007, 04:38 PM) View Post
The trouble for me is not the ticket price. It's the cost of getting up to town from the West country, parking, eating, the bloody congestion charge.... So I think I'll wait for the cast list.

Sebastian

True, I should probably be better with money! lol  Train fare for me isnt so bad from Southampton hence why i normally come up twicea month.

#17 curzon

curzon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE(Marius @ Mar 6 2007, 04:41 PM) View Post
True, I should probably be better with money! lol  Train fare for me isnt so bad from Southampton hence why i normally come up twicea month.
The trains from Taunton are insultingly expensive and there are no late trains back! I have taken to parking in Shepherd's Bush (comparitively cheap) and using my oyster card to tube in and out of the West End. But it's still an expensive business.

Sebastian

#18 Marius

Marius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE(curzon @ Mar 6 2007, 04:47 PM) View Post
The trains from Taunton are insultingly expensive and there are no late trains back! I have taken to parking in Shepherd's Bush (comparitively cheap) and using my oyster card to tube in and out of the West End. But it's still an expensive business.

Sebastian

Yeah I do sympathise, i do often go up when I cant really afford it. When you live outside london its expsnive to get there.

#19 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 05:22 PM

unfortunatly couldnt make any of the previews but going on friday 22nd june on row E
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#20 Reich

Reich

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1028 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 08:35 PM

I think this show will sell out really quickly.It's not on for long. It's one of SJS's biggest shows and hasn't been done here since the Donmar version 10 years ago. Are you sure you want to wait ??? I expect to see tickets on ebay nearer the time going for a pretty penny

The ROH booking system in vile. At the start of each booking period it's always bad. The amount of times I have tickets and then it crash's on me. I have been told that's all changing and maybe for the start of the new season it will have changed. For the State Opera in Vienna tickets go on sale a month before each performance. It means you have to be quite organised and can't plan too far in advance but it avoids the anger of crashing booking systems or waiting outside in the freezing cold waiting for the box office to open

[rant over]

Broadway has been very good to me. But then, I've been very good to broadway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users