34 replies to this topic

#31 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

I don't often venture into the Plays forum, but I saw this a couple of weeks ago and I was very impressed with Kate O'Flynn's performance. She never leaves the stage and barely stops talking (as in, she has a lot of dialogue!) and I was worn out watching her by the end!

#32 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:41 PM

Have to say I am very tempted to break my "no revisits at the National" rule for only a second time to catch this again.

#33 canadian_turtle

canadian_turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:18 AM

People I know who'd already seen this weren't too favourable about the play so I went in with really low expectations which meant I was pleasantly surprised in the end. I was gripped from start to finish and was particularly impressed by adult actors playing very believable small children in the first act. They were suitably annoying/whiny and had the mannerism down to a tee.

Seconding the comment by the poster above: Kate O'Flynn gives a very impressive performance, especially considering the amount of dialogue she has.

#34 Backdrifter

Backdrifter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Moving, sleeping, eating, not being here

Gender says 'not telling' but, clue: I own some Y chromosomes

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:42 AM

Does the Lyttleton still release half the front row on the day? I'm starting to get intrigued by this play and might try it.
Turn up the signal... wipe out the noise

#35 Abby

Abby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:00 PM

Found this utterly involving, to the extent that I genuinely forgot I was watching actors on a stage; at the same time, I'm not sure I actually enjoyed it. Superb performances and worked fine on the big stage, which I wasn't expecting. Before I saw it, I wondered why the NT had chosen this out of all new-ish plays to put on, but it's a really good addition to the mix and definitely worth giving an airing to. Would certainly recommend it to anyone thinking of seeing it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users