76 replies to this topic

#71 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1401 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:39 AM

They've already advertising the show so clearly they expect it to be a hit, I will not be surprised if it become open ended or at least extends,

#72 DrP

DrP

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:06 AM

is this something you could take your (fairly liberal mid 50s) parents to, or is it more hen night material?

#73 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

View PostDrP, on 11 October 2013 - 09:06 AM, said:

is this something you could take your (fairly liberal mid 50s) parents to, or is it more hen night material?

Definitely. Mine had a great night out. Total entertainment and we were moved
Previews pretty much sold out now

#74 Cyrano

Cyrano

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:21 PM

As has been said before on this thread, this is actually a proper play, albeit an hysterical one and six full frontals at the end!!! Don't forget that this is the story of six unemployed Sheffield steel workers and not the Chippendales. Basically the play is no more ranchy than the film, except that they actually do the 'full monty' live which seems to heighten the tension and the comedy of the whole thing, as well as the audience empathy (especially among the men!).

As for your parents, I would say it would be perfect for them as they were probably in their thirties when the film came out and was one of the most successful British films ever so the chances are they saw and enjoyed it.

I saw this on the road and it is still the highlight of my theatre year and probably will be of next year when I see it at the Noel Coward...

#75 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:28 PM

Congrats to Sheffield on best touring production in the uk theatre awards !

#76 vickster51

vickster51

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:50 AM

Thrilled that Sheffield Theatres did so well. I didn't see This Is My Family but I did see Bull and The Full Monty, both of which I thought were excellent. I'll definitely go to see The Full Monty again when it arrives in London.

#77 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:47 PM

View Postvickster51, on 21 October 2013 - 10:50 AM, said:

Thrilled that Sheffield Theatres did so well. I didn't see This Is My Family but I did see Bull and The Full Monty, both of which I thought were excellent. I'll definitely go to see The Full Monty again when it arrives in London.

Me too
Some perfs sold out already when I went to book today

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users