76 replies to this topic

#51 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:05 AM

Saw it again last night at the Lowry ....brilliant night. Few hecklers but audience just listen then go wild totally wild at the end

#52 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1408 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:17 AM

I do it find it strange that anyone would pay to see The Full Monty for the stripping when its not until the end and I imagine it would be cheaper to go to an actual strip club.

I hope a West End transfer does happen, I imagine it'll do very well.

#53 spendleb

spendleb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:49 AM

Going against the grain here, I didn't rate it at all.       Some of the acting was terrible (possibly the worst culprit, the 'actress' playing Mandy should never have passed an audition, it was beyond amateur level), the play itself also didn't flow for me, felt disjointed like the actors were still finding their feet, also they had to shout all their lines to be heard, possibly more the fault of the Lowry than the play though but it meant quite a few 'funny' lines went unheard.    The only actors who stood out were the ones playing Dave, Gerald and Jean, the rest were instantly forgettable, even the bloke from Coronation Street who got the most laughs was just playing the same role he did in the soap and even then looked awkward like he wasn't comfortable with the role.    I just can't see how this will succeed in the west end unless they can attract the hen party brigade (speaking of which they weren't that bad, they started off heckling then went quiet until the end scene)

#54 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1408 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:33 PM

Looks like The Full Monty is going to the Noel Coward after The Michael Grandage season, I'm surprised they're waiting until 2014 for the West End.

#55 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:46 PM

View PostJon, on 25 April 2013 - 11:33 PM, said:

Looks like The Full Monty is going to the Noel Coward after The Michael Grandage season, I'm surprised they're waiting until 2014 for the West End.

The Noel Cowards pretty much a blue print for the Lyceum in Sheffield, amazing prices, sensible prices at last
No booking fee No rip off.....love it

#56 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1408 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:51 PM

View PostJamiem, on 25 April 2013 - 11:46 PM, said:

The Noel Cowards pretty much a blue print for the Lyceum in Sheffield, amazing prices, sensible prices at last
No booking fee No rip off.....love it

It'll sell very well in the West End, Pugh and Rogers have had a few plays at the Noel Coward including the very successful Calendar Girls.

#57 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3399 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:07 AM

Oddly this is listed under the Musicals section on Delfonts site

#58 AdamG

AdamG

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:47 AM

View PostTitan, on 26 April 2013 - 08:07 AM, said:

Oddly this is listed under the Musicals section on Delfonts site
They've changed it now!! Must have seen your comment!! :P

#59 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:55 AM

I predict this is going to be HUGE hit. Especially with the sensible pricing.

#60 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3399 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:02 AM

Whilst it doesnt interest me personally, I think the pricing should be applauded. I hope its a huge hit so future producers take note

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users