76 replies to this topic

#61 gandalf

gandalf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

Great news Full Monty coming to West End (with austerity pricing!)

Massively entertaining night out - a great mix of pathos and hilarity.

#62 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5142 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:01 PM

'Austerity pricing' ? Love it.

#63 Cyrano

Cyrano

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

Just reading about the ticket pricing on this production has made me feel better!! It is a long time since I've known how much I am going to pay for theatre tickets before I get to the final screen on the booking and get angry as I see all the add ons. I applaud the producers of "The Full Monty" and I hope all other producers, ticket agents and theatre owners take note; hopefully the public will vote with their feet and make their way to the Noel Coward in their droves as that is the only way the practice of additional costs to the ticket price will stop!
Hopefully we will all look back on this day as the day "Full Monty Pricing" began!

#64 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:50 PM

View PostCyrano, on 26 April 2013 - 03:02 PM, said:

Just reading about the ticket pricing on this production has made me feel better!! It is a long time since I've known how much I am going to pay for theatre tickets before I get to the final screen on the booking and get angry as I see all the add ons. I applaud the producers of "The Full Monty" and I hope all other producers, ticket agents and theatre owners take note; hopefully the public will vote with their feet and make their way to the Noel Coward in their droves as that is the only way the practice of additional costs to the ticket price will stop!
Hopefully we will all look back on this day as the day "Full Monty Pricing" began!

Totally agree, hope it plays to full houses and gives people who can't or rightly won't pay the current trend for exorbitant prices a great night out
I've seen this twice (sheffield and the lowry) and had a really good evening  as did my friends and you know what, at these prices I definitely will now see it again

Ken loach recently in the guardian wrote how the class system is unfortunately being re established by this government, you know with the west end prices trending as they are, it will only be the rich who can go soon, elitism at its best!

I congratulate Pugh and Rogers on this pricing for the full Monty, ken loach will be pleased,  as am I

#65 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:38 PM

As ticket agents you get gifts, sweets, chocolates but today we got a cucumber from The Full Monty....at last something you could use, incidentally their box office took more than BOM on Friday!

#66 spendleb

spendleb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:45 AM

I am still shocked it’s doing so well, tbh a few cast replacements and it will probably be a decent enough show.

#67 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1223 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:13 AM

Not shocked its booking very well at all. It has had excellent reviews and more importantly appeals to the female ticket buyers. The prices are sensible as well without the ridiculous booking fees (other theatres take note) and it will be a massive hit.

#68 Kathryn2

Kathryn2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1249 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:29 PM

Saw this in Southend last night. No heckling at all, though I did think that the tenderer moments got a bit lost among the comedic bits. Audience was 95% female, which I do think is a shame, because it's much more about the men's relationships than stripping.

I hope they get a better gender-balance in the audience for the WE, that'll help combat the 'hen night tendencies'.

#69 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:16 AM

Evidently some theatre owners and some ticket agents are up in arms about this no booking fees no restoration charges no premium seats
no rip off.... but the public don't seem to be.... It's taken 200k in advance for next february and not an advert yet

#70 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:03 PM

Congrats again to Sheffield theatres and the full Monty company on the many nominations from uk theatre awards and broadway.com awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users