• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 westendmaniac

westendmaniac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:12 PM

Allowing alcohol in auditoriums is no doubt beneficial to the theatre and to most patrons. Theatres need the added revenue from bar sales, and this will inherently increase when drinking time is extended. Downing a half-full bottle of beer at the end of the interval is not the type of behaviour that theatres should encourage, or that most theatre-goers generally exhibit.

My personal annoyances lie with the fact that, after purchasing an over-priced glass of usually mediocre wine, I am asked to pour it into a plastic cup in order to be able to take it back into the auditorium.

#22 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2083 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

That seems to be standard so maybe a licensing condition?
Don't mind it if they have those proper plastic wine glasses
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#23 Simba_mk2

Simba_mk2

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:23 AM

I'm afraid I will not part with the ridiculous hike-up in drinks prices at theatres and will bring in my own. Especially water and other soft drinks. Far cheaper to bring in a couple of small bottles of mineral water and the like and a fraction of the cost. And it would be the same for sweets and the like if I thought I would NEED to eat during a visit to the theatre!

And I have occasionally brought in those small bottles of wine in plastic pots you can buy - again, a fraction of the cost when buying in the theatre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users