58 replies to this topic

#51 peggs

peggs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:53 PM

Thanks to VDCNI had front row seat and no painful leg dangling for a storming performance from Eileen Atkins, I know it's good when there is a small part of me that wants to climb on stage and somehow make things better. Seeing her get into the car is worth the entrance fee on it's own. First time to this theatre and loved it.

#52 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1668 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:03 AM

Loved this. Eileen Atkins brilliant. Love the poetry and weirdness that is Beckett.
Thanks VDCNI !

#53 Alf

Alf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:21 AM

Another thanks to VDCNI! Thought this was great last night, my first Beckett and first visit to the Jermyn Street - and hopefully not the last on both fronts. Eileen Atkins was brilliant, and as Peggs said, her getting in and out of the car was a highlight.

Plus have now ticket Atkins and Gambon off my 'actors I need to see on stage' list.
My occasionally neglected theatre blog: http://thegreatestof...blogspot.co.uk/
Latest post: Review: 'Blithe Spirit' at the Gielgud Theatre: http://thegreatestof...theatre_10.html

#54 robintusin

robintusin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

That was single handedly one of the best afternoons I've spent in a theatre. The minimal scenery and intimacy of the theatre really helped to showcase Eileen Atkins and Michael Gambon's superb acting talents to the full. Hilarious at times and moving at others, Beckett's play All That Fall is a masterpiece. Sir Trevor Nunn was in the audience and his ringtone went off so everyone spotted him.

#55 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3754 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:36 AM

Lovely little play, v strongly acted. Eileen Atkins brill. Funny and immensely touching.

And what a wonderful theatre; will now keep an eye out for what JS has to offer.

#56 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1668 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

View PostPharaoh, on 04 November 2012 - 09:36 AM, said:

Lovely little play, v strongly acted. Eileen Atkins brill. Funny and immensely touching.

And what a wonderful theatre; will now keep an eye out for what JS has to offer.

It was great wasn't it! One of my plays of the year! :)

#57 Front Row Dress

Front Row Dress

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:10 PM

It zoomed straight over my head, I'm sticking to blowsy musicals, preferably set in the 1930's http://www.frontrowd...thursday-8.html
www.frontrowdress.com

#58 dude-1981

dude-1981

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

I'm with you Front Row Dress.  Think I dropped off at one point.  And they could have at least learnt their lines!
If, for some strange reason you care what I've seen, it's all here:

http://pcchan1981.livejournal.com/

#59 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5142 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:18 AM

Apparently Atkins has been criticised for learning the lines because it is supposed to be done as a radio play would be. I think they got past that somewhat cunningly. Gambon reads his but that adds to the pathos really. He is supposed to be blind.......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users