#11 djp

djp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:14 PM

View Postbickypeg, on 30 May 2012 - 11:42 AM, said:

I did consider One Man Two Guvnors but I can't abide Jodie Prenger and it's touring in the autumn.Ghost too soppy for my taste and friends who saw it in Manchester didn't rate the music.I think you could be right about Edwin Drood-it's silly to compare the two really.Have booked Singing in the Rain matinee-daren't leave it for day tickets-and I'm sure it will be worth it.Still considering Posh (although no cheap seats Fridays and Saturdays)but I think it might just make me cross!Trouble is Shrek has been pitched at a family audience and given celebs in the main roles who can't sing.It will be full of sticky children and I come to London to get a break from them!but thanks all for the suggestions.Most helpful.

Jodie doesn't get much to do - you can  usually watch Hannah Spearitt in her bits and she's really funny..One Man' is hilarious, if you like slapstick The other really funny thing I have seen recently is Abigail's Party over in the Charing Cross Road - a  bit south of Singing in the  Rain-  thats  got  the two Paulette's Jill Halfpenny and Natalie Casey.

Carley Stenson has taken over in Shrek and she was singing very strongly towards the end  of Legally Blonde and, judging by the laughter on the yts so far, her comic acting  is working well in Shrek too.

#12 bickypeg

bickypeg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:27 PM

I'll definitely catch One Man when it tours.I've never been keen on Mike Leigh at all.You could put John Owen Jones and Hannah Waddingham in Shrek and I still wouldn't want to see it.Yes of course I would!
May have jumped the gun a bit on SITR as favourite theatre companion has auditions that day so I might be advertising for a friend next!

#13 bickypeg

bickypeg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:27 AM

We had a fantastic time -all three shows were wonderful and complemented each other perfectly.A special thank you to Mallardo -Edwin Drood was absolutely fabulous!The best fun I've had at a show for years!Brilliant acting and singing and incredibly funny.Do go and see it if you get chance folks!

#14 Libbywickedlondon

Libbywickedlondon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:15 PM

Easy WICKED!

#15 bickypeg

bickypeg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:14 PM

Saw Wicked years ago hon.

#16 timbo

timbo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:32 PM

I am surprised nobody suggested Noises Off - an absolutely wonderful production.

#17 bickypeg

bickypeg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:10 AM

Saw it at the Old Vic.It was excellent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users