#161 drmaplewood

drmaplewood

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

View Postpopcultureboy, on 26 November 2012 - 01:36 PM, said:

Pretty sure there aren't day seats, but standing tickets will be available on the day from the box office for £15.
Where are they? Back of stalls?

#162 Mark_E

Mark_E

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2345 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

And dress circle I think

#163 QuincyMD

QuincyMD

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

Just came up on my twitter feed -

Mark Aldridge@MarkTalksTelly
A friend has just seen the first preview of Viva Forever (the Spice Girls musical) - he called it 'the best/worst thing ever'. I CANNOT WAIT
Which way did he go McGill?

#164 QuincyMD

QuincyMD

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

and the songs, in alphabetical order!?!

Spoiler

Which way did he go McGill?

#165 Becky La Rou

Becky La Rou

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Wine and theatre and show tunes and..oh yes..wine!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

WHO WENT TO THE FIRST PREVIEW????

AHHH I want to know all about it! My tickets aren't until after press night!
One Singular Sensation....! :wub:

#166 Kristian

Kristian

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

I think I'm going to wait till after the previews. My friend was in the Dress and said it needed a lot of refining.
Bradfordian Actor and Singer. Birmingham Conservatoire and Central School of Speech and Drama Graduate.
Tweeting @justwannajive

WEST END: Wicked X2 | Legally Blonde X2 | Lion King X1 | Cats X1 | Starlight Express X5 | Joseph and The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat X1 | Les Miserables X5 | Oliver X1 | Woman in Black X1 | Phantom of the Opera X2 | Rock of Ages X1 | Shrek X1 | Sister Act X1 | Sweeney Todd X1 | Cabaret X1 | Street Scene X1 | La Fille a la Mode (Haymarket) X1 |

FRINGE: The Glorious Ones | The House of Bernarda Alba (LaChiusa) | Daybreak | After The Turn | RENT | Pippin | Floyd Collins | The Man On Her Mind | Marguerite | Taboo |

ON TOUR: Jekyll and Hyde X1 | Starlight Express X1 | Cabaret X1| Phantom of the Opera X1 | Les Miserables X1 | Phantom on Ice X1 | Miss Saigon X1 | Whistle Down the Wind X1 | Oliver X1 | Chess X1 | Grease X1 | Summer Holiday X1 | Annie X1 | Cats X1 | Of Thee I Sing X1 |

RSC: Much Ado About Nothing X1 |

#167 samsam1985

samsam1985

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:40 PM

Oh my goodness. What a let down. Went in with such high hopes because these songs are so good that I THOUGHT they could not be ruined. How wrong could I be. The songs are classics but they were ruined because they weren't brought to life n any way, shape or form. The audience were itching to hear these songs sung with heart and gusto but instead we got lacklustre duets and the songs didnt bring anything to the show. There was far too much (poor) dialogue and the characters were plain ridiculous, despite having some real talent in the cast. The show was all about Viva but it should have been centred around the four girls. This may have meant that the songs would have at least had some harmonies and some substance. Instead Two Become One was sung on a bed by two people. The whole of the upper circle were at this point so frustrated that they were trying to sing/laugh along. Bits that were good: the opening video sequences set the scene well and the opening ensemble number was quite rousing. Act I finale lacklustre and the ending of the show just plain bizarre and totally flat. Im a musical theatre fan and enjoy a wide range of shows which is why I had such high hopes here. The show needs so much work that they will need a preview period of at least 5 months to rewrite it, rework all the songs and bring this piece to life. I really hope it isn't too late.

#168 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:30 AM

I will point out the initial thoughts on Matilda after first preview was "good, but too long, needs serious cutting" and Mamma Mia didn't shape itself until the night before they froze it.

Will be interesting to see how thoughts progress over the next couple of weeks.

#169 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1409 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

They only have two weeks of previews for VF as press night is December 11th, most shows even if theyre imports get 3-4 weeks to refine and make changes.

#170 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3400 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:38 AM

yes mamma mia initially tried to be more of a serious piece and then they realised the camp tongue in cheek was the way to go

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users