813 replies to this topic

#231 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3752 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

I have never had any intention of seeing this - I don't even know one Spice Girls song- , but I watched the highlights out of interest (c'mon, even if I dislike the jukebox genre, Mamma Mia is quite fun!) and skipped through them in 20 seconds. They are so so dull. No colour, no energy. If they're using that footage to sell the show (beyond the good advance they have), good luck to them!

#232 bickypeg

bickypeg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

It does actually look and sound worse than I anticipated.Were they short of money or something?

#233 Steve10086

Steve10086

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

Oh, that does actually look rubbish!  I am surprised.  Really wanted to book for this, but looks like my lack of funds was a blessing!

#234 tommo2k

tommo2k

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

I am yet to hear anything good about this show. What a disaster! Not going to waste my money seeing this.

#235 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3376 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

Im so surprised, if this is the highlights whats the whole show like. Its so dull and grey. I didn't expect Sondheim, and I love Mamma Mia because it knows what it is, but this has no sparkle, energy, fun or campness (all things associated with the Spice Girls). The vocals are average at best, the stage looks bare for much of the time and... wow...so surprised

#236 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

Cannot believe they used that awful Mama vocal on the promo. Though it sounds marginally better on he video than it was live.

#237 Musicals1248

Musicals1248

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:49 PM

That video is the HIGHLIGHTS? It seems dire. I know you shouldn't judge without seeing, but I was bored throughout the whole of that 5 minutes. Vocals are fine, but, that was about it...

#238 Parsley

Parsley

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

2 stars from Independent

2 more than I would personally give it though!

#239 D'James

D'James

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:27 PM

Just watched the video. To me it looks OK for a 5 minute preview. However, why does Right Back At Ya feature so prominently when it wasn't even a single??! I don't want any spoilers but it just seems odd. Where are the fun singles?? Unless these are the ones people are talking about being slowed down.

#240 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1283 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:57 AM

The reviews are coming in.. And they are pretty bad .. Hate to say it, but GOOD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users