• Please log in to reply
813 replies to this topic

#291 ap156

ap156

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:40 AM

Well I read the comments prior to seeing it last night, first up, I'm no fan of the group so my expectation wasn't set as they say but there for sure didn't lighten my mood beforehand.

It is akin to Mamma Mia, not unexpectedly as it is co-written by Judy Craymer in concept and for me, I enjoyed the performance, there is nothing to dislike at all, I though there were good performances from those playing Lauren (Sally Ann played Donna for 12 months in Mamma Mia of course and now playing another musical mum!), Simone, Minty and of course Viva who played the star role!

There is a lot of comical lines and moments in it to savour, finishing with an all cast song and dance. The reviews to my mind are a little off, it is a musical to enjoy, there really is nothing to dislike. It is light hearted for sure but it does not deserve the panning that people have written in my view.The Stalls were packed out and at the end everyone was up for the final numbers, that says it all, they obviously enjoyed it!

If in doubt go and see it and then judge the whole.

#292 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3399 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

Judy Cramer on The Spice Girls Story has to be one of the worst botox/face lift jobs in theatre. She looks ridiculous

#293 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

View PostTitan, on 24 December 2012 - 09:49 PM, said:

Judy Cramer on The Spice Girls Story has to be one of the worst botox/face lift jobs in theatre. She looks ridiculous

...explains the "I turn to you" re-imagining though!

#294 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

You're out of order. That's personal
She's produced Mamamia  brilliantly
What have you done?

#295 ap156

ap156

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

Bang out of order in my opinion. thought Judy was brilliant in Mamma Mia and whilst I'm sure she does not want to get typecast, see puts in another top notch perfromance as Viva's mum.

#296 Jamie Kenny

Jamie Kenny

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

So wait, people don't like the show, and are taking the mick out of someones appearence? Huh?

#297 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:01 PM

View Postap156, on 26 December 2012 - 08:37 PM, said:

Bang out of order in my opinion. thought Judy was brilliant in Mamma Mia and whilst I'm sure she does not want to get typecast, see puts in another top notch perfromance as Viva's mum.

Youre thinking of Sally Ann Triplett.

#298 Kathryn2

Kathryn2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1255 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:28 PM

I'm afraid once someone's had 'work' done, comments on their looks are fair game, no matter what else they've done. It's not personal, it's just the way it is.

#299 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:10 AM

View PostKathryn2, on 26 December 2012 - 11:28 PM, said:

I'm afraid once someone's had 'work' done, comments on their looks are fair game, no matter what else they've done. It's not personal, it's just the way it is.
If someone loses a leg is that alright?

#300 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:58 AM

Do people have legs removed for cosmetic reasons?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users