#351 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

View Postfreckles, on 10 January 2013 - 08:46 AM, said:

Mamma Mia was considerably re-worked during previews.

The whole point of previews is to try the show out in front of an audience to see which bits work and which bits don't and make changes accordingly, because that's something you simply can't do without an actual audience.
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#352 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

"There are still 226 tickets on sale for Wednesday 9 January, while there are 208 remaining for Monday 4 February. That means 16% of the seats at London's Piccadilly Theatre will be empty."

You have to wonder where they are getting the info from. I can't help but think some intern at the paper looked at the ATG site and counted the amount of available seats. In which case, the number will be woefully inaccurate, since all allocations and house seats etc will show as unavailable, but won't necessarily be sold.

#353 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3371 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

very true, however that means even less tickets may have been sold. people are posting on facebook etc that they are getting upgraded when there so there must be an issue

#354 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

Going to the show tomorrow afternoon... Cannot wait!! How much is a programme?

#355 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:43 AM

View Postdannyboyjohnson, on 10 January 2013 - 10:57 PM, said:

Going to the show tomorrow afternoon... Cannot wait!! How much is a programme?
Too much

#356 djp

djp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:19 AM

View PostTitan, on 10 January 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

very true, however that means even less tickets may have been sold. people are posting on facebook etc that they are getting upgraded when there so there must be an issue

Complicated further by them trying to sell a great expanse of premium seats - in areas of the stalls that would look disruptively empty if they  didn't shunt people paying  far less into them at the last minute.

#357 drmaplewood

drmaplewood

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

View PostJamiem, on 11 January 2013 - 01:43 AM, said:

Too much

Pun intended?

#358 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

I saw the show last night. I had bought seats in the Grand Circle and was upgrade to seats at the front of the Dress Circle. Can't be a good sign for a new show on a Thu night! There were a few empty rows further back behind us to.

I really didn't like the show at all. Seemed like a lazy production that was created just to make some money. The music of the Spice Girls isn't as rich as that of Queen, Abba, Frankie Valli, etc. so just didn't seem to fit. The story is terrible and really not funny at all. I was expecting it to at least make me laugh as I love Jennifer Saunders. The 3 sets (that's all there seemed to be!) are boring and the lighting isn't that great. The only redeeming thing for me was Sally Dexter who was great and obviously having a lot of fun. Saying that though... my friend, who is a big Spice Girls fan, loved it!

#359 Jasper07

Jasper07

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

Visiting London in february, kinda wanna see this show but considering the news messages posted here.. do you guys know if Viva Forever is already in those discounted tickets boothstands? That you can buy them on the day itself for cheaper?

#360 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

Its on tkts today as £45 but thats listed as no reduction, so not top price seats.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users