#361 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

View PostJasper07, on 11 January 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

Visiting London in february, kinda wanna see this show but considering the news messages posted here.. do you guys know if Viva Forever is already in those discounted tickets boothstands? That you can buy them on the day itself for cheaper?

My advice would be to buy a cheap (£20 I think is lowest) ticket and hope you get an upgrade at venue. Seems plenty on here have done so :-)

#362 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:20 AM

Saw this today... Was sold out!! Brilliant show all round in my opinion, especially Hannah, Sally, Tamara and Lucy. Standing ovation also all round.

#363 stevepearman

stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

View PostDanielWhit, on 11 January 2013 - 06:13 PM, said:

My advice would be to buy a cheap (£20 I think is lowest) ticket and hope you get an upgrade at venue. Seems plenty on here have done so :-)

Buy from Whatsonstage website - they are nearly half price!
http://whatsonstage....48-7a39e2a0ba48

#364 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

I brought my ticket at box office yesterday for last nights show and i got £45 upper circle tickets for £20

#365 theatrically

theatrically

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

Upper circle at the Piccadilly is hideous for £45 they should supply oxygen masks and a respirator

#366 robbie1984

robbie1984

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

View PostKevinUK, on 08 January 2013 - 11:47 PM, said:

A rework could be true - Jennifer Saunders was there last week, and you'd think she'd have had enough of it by now.

I booked a £20 ticket last week and was upgraded to row E in the stalls. Very happy at that. The show is actually enjoyable - I did like it - but it's not as good as it should be. My main issue was the quality of the vocals - it's like no one considered how they should be sung in order for them to sound good.

I hope it doesn't close, but the future isn't looking too bright unfortunately.

Can I just ask how the upgrade happened? You turned up with your cheap ticket and they told you at the theatre door that now you can go to Stalls row E? What time did you go to the theatre?

I might try it myself on a quite day (Monday or Tuesday) when there must be a lot of unsold tickets.

#367 Front Row Dress

Front Row Dress

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

A little tip - when angling for an upgrade, always opt to collect tickets from the box office, it makes it so much easier for the box office staff to upgrade discreetly.
www.frontrowdress.com

#368 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

Has anyone seen this since the changes started to go in? I hear "Wannabe" has been reinstated now as the opening as well as the closing number, for example. I saw it last week and sadly everything that this thread has detailed as being wrong with it was still very much wrong with it.

#369 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

View Postrobbie1984, on 24 January 2013 - 02:20 PM, said:

Can I just ask how the upgrade happened? You turned up with your cheap ticket and they told you at the theatre door that now you can go to Stalls row E? What time did you go to the theatre?

I might try it myself on a quite day (Monday or Tuesday) when there must be a lot of unsold tickets.

As Front Row Dress says: I booked my ticket online at 4pm for the same day,, turned up to collect them and was told I'd be upgraded.they hadn't printed my ticket yet, which I think might have helped, but it's not massively uncommon to be upgraded sometimes. I think the best thing to do is buy a ticket at a price you're prepared to pay, make piece with what the view might be, and if you are upgraded then its a bonus.
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#370 theatremonkey.com

theatremonkey.com

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

View Postpopcultureboy, on 24 January 2013 - 05:09 PM, said:

Has anyone seen this since the changes started to go in? I hear "Wannabe" has been reinstated now as the opening as well as the closing number, for example. I saw it last week and sadly everything that this thread has detailed as being wrong with it was still very much wrong with it.

I saw it last night (23rd). "Wannabe" was in at the end, and a bit near the start. Can't comment on the changes as it was the first time I've been, but I thought it was quite entertaining. Badly flawed, but even the worst bits were "so bad they were good" - to quote Simon Cowell, and there were a few nice moments. Given the choice between seeing this, "Rock of Ages" or "Let It Be" again, I'd see this every time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users