813 replies to this topic

#401 Showstopper

Showstopper

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

I may have my theatres mixed up. It's all generally the same gossip about Barnum. It's such a fun show.

Chorus Line will only stay until the tour has planned and booked into venues around uk! So jan14' sounds about right. Think the musicians and tec staff have year contracts on it!!

#402 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

This show is'nt gonna close soon surely... Its got limited avalibility through to May

Have you actually looked and seen what the ATG site considers "limited availability" though? It has that for today's 5pm show, but half the house shows as available if you go in to select your own seat. To me, that's not limited. So much of the later performances will be allocated to agents and returned unsold nearer the time too. If Judy Craymer had less money, the show would have closed by now.

#403 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

Judy Craymer is claiming the show is sold out until June and Jennifer Saunders on record as saying it's no surprise the critics didn't like it, since they're "five old men". The deluded insanity (it's clearly not sold out, anyone looking on the ATG site can see that) and the sheer arrogance (reviews from all quarters, from critics of all ages and both genders were mostly horrific) of this production is just ridiculous.

#404 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3387 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:54 PM

Plus the fact its on TKTS as well.

#405 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1300 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

Barnum is going to open at the Gielgud.....

#406 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

Presumably after Private Lives? So it'll likely not be until October 2013. The only show I can think of that would threaten Viva Forever is the transfer of My Fair Lady. Sad truth is, Judy Craymer has enough money to keep this going regardless, and likely will.

#407 theatrically

theatrically

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

Viva has extended its booking period until February 2014

#408 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3387 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

that will be to test the waters and try and get advance sales. if people dont bite i can see it closing in autumn

#409 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:12 PM

Sadly, what Titan said. It's a shame, this show did have potential, but almost every decision that has been made has been the wrong one. Can't even seeing it lasting long enough to make a tour worthwhile as well.

#410 theatreliker

theatreliker

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

One of the things I've learnt from discussion board is that booking periods don't necessarily mean it will last that long.
2014 theatre: Blithe Spirit (Gielgud)  Booked: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Savoy)  Waterbabies (Curve)  View from the Bridge (Young Vic)  Birdland (Royal Court).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users