813 replies to this topic

#491 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:38 AM

Even if it does fall flat on its face, im sure Judy, Jennifer and Spice Girls will continue putting money in to run it. It should get the summer rush and gain more ticket sales through that

#492 Front Row Dress

Front Row Dress

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:40 AM

Oh Danny it's an absolute crock of sh*t. Go and see Merrily We Roll Along.
www.frontrowdress.com

#493 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:57 AM

... Well sorry for enjoying a show :/

#494 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

Don't worry, you are forgiven as long as you promise to have better opinions in the future :)
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#495 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:18 PM

I will try my best MS1995... What can I say, I love a cheesy show :P

#496 Showstopper

Showstopper

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

Let it tour and free up the theatre!!!!

#497 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:14 AM

I think it would be more sucessful on tour to be honest.

Those who have been recently, are there any differences evident yet|? Last time i went, Wannabe wasnt the opening of the show which was a shame, hope its been put back

#498 robbie1984

robbie1984

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

View Postdannyboyjohnson, on 15 March 2013 - 09:14 AM, said:

I think it would be more sucessful on tour to be honest.

Those who have been recently, are there any differences evident yet|? Last time i went, Wannabe wasnt the opening of the show which was a shame, hope its been put back

I went on Tuesday and they made a lot of changes.
The show opens with Wannabe but now it is really clear why there are so many people on the stage for the first number. Side screens are displaying "Starmaker Auditions", all the cast are wearing stickers with their audition numbers.

Some dialouge has been rewritten in Act 1, Lady is a Vamp is in there again but now it also features Leon (he doesn't sing but dances), some scenes have been cut (the scene where they are on the tube is gone).

Say You'll Be There is now performed in the Stop costumes in the backstage of the Starmaker show. It is no longer in a ballad format but more similar to the original.

Act 2: After Move Over Viva sings the second verse of Mama a capella with Angel on the piano. Viva and Angel's love story is more believable now, Simone no longer asks him to pretend that he has an interest in her.

Who Do You Think You Are is longer and features a dance number by the cast and the third judge.

The second half of Act 2 has been completely rewritten. I Turn To You is no longer there, a new scene has been added where Simone and Johnny talk about their past and how they want to move forward, Angel gets introduced to Viva's mum on the boat. The last scene is not in the studio anymore, they sort of abandon the competition. Viva just goes to meet the other three girls and they are friends again and sing Wannabe.

The ending is a bit abrupt again, the whole cast comes on stage and goes straight into Stop and take their bows.

The show is now about 2 hrs 20 mins long.  I quite like most of the changes.

#499 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:36 AM

Gosh... They sound like very big changes to the show overall!! Im looking forward to seeing it and seeing how/if it works this time!!

#500 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1283 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:14 AM

There's cheesy.. And then there's a big stinking pile of you know what =Viva. It's not even entertaining bad. I just felt sorry for the cast.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users