813 replies to this topic

#571 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3387 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

Its not common for musicals that are doing well, its certainly shouldnt be common for a show thats only been open a matter of months.

I suspect the bodyguard may end up following ghost

#572 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:31 PM

Bodyguard is one of those shows that will run because people who see it would go at the weekend, not weekdays.

#573 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3387 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

Thats all very well IF a show can survive on just 2-3 sold out shows. The problem, mainly with musicals, is the costs involved are so large they can rely on less than half their weekly shows selling

#574 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:51 PM

Thats my concern with Bodyguard :/ I love it but it could be risking alot. With Viva, it will have repeat viewings from fans of Spice Girls but unlike Wicked (which gets possibly the most repeat viewings out of any show), the fans will only come with months of space in between

#575 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1300 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:47 PM

Hasn't it closed yet?

What's the world coming to.

#576 wickedlover

wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:51 PM

View Postdannyboyjohnson, on 01 April 2013 - 08:51 PM, said:

Thats my concern with Bodyguard :/ I love it but it could be risking alot. With Viva, it will have repeat viewings from fans of Spice Girls but unlike Wicked (which gets possibly the most repeat viewings out of any show), the fans will only come with months of space in between

That really makes no sense, because with the fans, The Bodyguard, should in your mind, have all the Whitney Houston fans in te country flocking to see it.

And a few friends if mine, who happen to be huge Spice Girls fans, have actually regretted going to see Viva...so not all Spice Girls fans will be going to see it again and again.

Viva will probably be closed before the year is over.
LONDON
[2004] Mary Poppins - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
[2008] The Sound of Music - Wicked
[2009] Oliver! - Billy Elliot - Grease - Wicked - Avenue Q - Sister Act - Wicked - The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
[2010] Oliver! - Sister Act - The Lion King - Wicked - Sister Act
[2011] Legally Blonde - Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical - Jersey Boys - Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical
[2012] Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Matilda the Musical - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Ghost the Musical - The Lion King - Les Miserables - Jest End - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Wicked - The Woman in Black - Matilda the Musical
[2013] The Bodyguard - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - We Will Rock You - The Woman in Black - Wicked - The Book of Mormon - Les Miserables - Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - Wicked - Wicked
[2014] The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - Blithe Spirit - We Will Rock You - Wicked - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - An Evening With Julie Andrews - Let The Right One In - The Bodyguard

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)
[2009] Evita (UK Tour x2) - Fame (UK Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour)
[2010] The Sound of Music (UK Tour x3)
[2011] Spamalot (UK Tour) - Avenue Q (UK Tour x2) - Dancing Shoes: The George Best Story - Joseph (UK Tour)
[2012] The King and I (UK Tour) - Grease (UK Tour) - Blood Brothers (UK Tour) - Legally Blonde (UK Tour x2) -   The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Jesus Christ Superstar (Arena Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)
[2013] Soul Sister (UK Tour) - High Society (UK Tour) - Hairspray (UK Tour) - We Will Rock You (10th Anniversary Arena Tour) - 9 to 5 (UK Tour) - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (UK Tour) - Evita (UK Tour x3) - Thriller Live (UK Tour) - Joseph (UK Tour) - Cats (UK Tour x2)
[2014] Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour) - Birdsong (UK Tour) - The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Shrek the Musical (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER
[2011] Mamma Mia (Int Tour) - Ghost the Musical (World Premier)
[2012] The Lion King (UK Tour)
[2013] Ghost the Musical (UK Tour) - Wicked (UK Tour x2)

DUBLIN
[2011] Sister Act (UK Tour)
[2012] The Phantom of the Opera (UK Tour)
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

#577 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:35 AM

They need to revise the book, find a new cast and move to a new theatre, allowing for a relaunch with all 5 spices in tow. At least a move would allow them to save face on any sort of 'relaunch'.

I wouldn't be surprised if at this point they introduce a 5th member into the band and have them as rough, understated versions of the Spice Girls, with Viva taking the role of Geri (as the one to leave the band for solo career). The new girl doesn't need to talk - just get her to point and pout!
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#578 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3387 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:57 AM

If the rumours of the four Spice Girls getting together again for a new tour is true, then it could hurt the show. Part of the appeal of WWRY, MM etc is the fact you cant see the original artists anymore to hear the songs live

#579 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:00 PM

I honestly can't see the 4 of them touring without VB to be honest (as strong as the rumours are).
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#580 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3387 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:13 PM

I used to think that but geri is so desperate for the fame and has such delusions of grandeur (the expectation that they should be involved in the olympics) plus the obvious money they would make does make me wonder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users