Could jersey boys be moving here?

#582 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:21 PM

Never knew jersy boys was moving - bit confused !!

#583 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:51 AM

X Factor musical could move here...

#584 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:04 AM

Jersey Boys has been rumoured to be moving to make way for Miss Saigon, originally it was the Novello but Mamma Mia! moved there and then the Gielgud but the Piccadilly would work or the Savoy if its available in 2014.

#585 Rooster Byron

Rooster Byron

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

X Factor is going into the Palladium, I think Jersey will be more likely to go on tour than move, but you never know.

#586 KieranJ

KieranJ

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:15 AM

I went to see Viva on Monday... not as bad as everybody made out but still not an enjoyable experience. It's such a shame because a Spice Girls musical could, and should, be amazing!

I didn't buy my tickets until about 6.30 and managed to get row H in stalls for £20 each. My tickets were printed with 'day seats' on them so either they're just flogging tickets at £20 or their day seat queue is so unpopular that they're still available an hour before the show. House was pretty full but at what price?

#587 Avfan

Avfan

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

Newsies, is looking to come in. They are in talks with ATG at the moment so the Piccadilly could be a possibility? I'm not sure how far off they are but having seen the show in New York they will need to cast some incredible dancers to manage the choreography. I think again all unconfirmed they are hoping to open early next year?

Source wise is a mate that works in Head office.

#588 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

View PostAvfan, on 03 April 2013 - 03:01 PM, said:

Newsies, is looking to come in. They are in talks with ATG at the moment so the Piccadilly could be a possibility? I'm not sure how far off they are but having seen the show in New York they will need to cast some incredible dancers to manage the choreography. I think again all unconfirmed they are hoping to open early next year?

Source wise is a mate that works in Head office.

Newsies isn't a big show so the Piccadilly or any midsized theatre would be fine for it.

#589 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:58 PM

Not a big show. Could easily build a set, and if unsuccessful use the set for the first US tour?

Also, saw Newsies on Monday, and a stage manager from London was in shadowing the stage management that night, according to the sound op. Could be a sign.

#590 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:18 AM

The issue with closing Viva Forever is going to be just how much money Judy Craymer is willing to plough into it to keep it open and save face. From Mamma Mia productions, she makes the running costs for a month of VF in one day. It would need someone REALLY wanting the venue to force her hand. It's one of the reasons Chicago ran for so long in London. The other productions of it have made so much money, the producers were keeping it afloat and nothing else really wanted the Cambridge enough. Until Matilda. So we will see, I guess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users