813 replies to this topic

#641 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3400 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:35 PM

can they get away with that? surely as a consumer you are entitled to a refund?! if you dont live in or near London what good is an exchange. sorry but i find this kind of disgusting

#642 ABowlerHat

ABowlerHat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:48 PM

Was it Saturday 13th? A few matinee shows were affected by a power cut. I believe A Chorus Line and possibly We Will Rock You were too. I was at the Noel Coward and no problems, though.

#643 strallenfan

strallenfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

View PostTitan, on 24 April 2013 - 07:35 PM, said:

can they get away with that? surely as a consumer you are entitled to a refund?! if you dont live in or near London what good is an exchange. sorry but i find this kind of disgusting

I don't think it is disgusting, it was in the middle of a show and it was out of the theatre's control. If it was prior to the performance, customers would probably be entitled to a refund.

#644 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3400 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:00 PM

people paid for a product, they didnt get it. you wouldnt accept half a service or half a product in any other walk of life. ive had shows cancel half way through previously and if i wasnt able to get to another performance i got a refund.

#645 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:04 PM

Very odd. Like the show needs extra bad PR like that on top of everything else.

#646 Coggit

Coggit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:05 PM

View Poststrallenfan, on 24 April 2013 - 08:29 PM, said:

I don't think it is disgusting, it was in the middle of a show and it was out of the theatre's control. If it was prior to the performance, customers would probably be entitled to a refund.

I'm sure your tune would quickly change if you were on holiday and decided to go to the theatre only for the show to stop mid-performance and you weren't able to get to another performance before leaving.
2013 Theatre
[West End] Shrek****, The Phantom of the Opera***, Spamalot****,The Phantom of the Opera*****, Viva Forever*, Jersey Boys****, This House***, The Book of Mormon*****, Marinda Sings Live! ***** (Booked for: Stephen Ward, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
[UK Tour] The Phantom of the Opera*****, Rocky Horror Show***, Hairspray****, The 39 Steps**, The Mousetrap***, Starlight Express****, Rocky Horror Show****

#647 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:11 PM

View PostCoggit, on 24 April 2013 - 10:05 PM, said:

I'm sure your tune would quickly change if you were on holiday and decided to go to the theatre only for the show to stop mid-performance and you weren't able to get to another performance before leaving.

Exactly Coggit. Not everyone has the time or the proximity to go to the theatre in London at will. I don't see much theatre these days purely because I work in it, and so the 1 day off a week I get is very important.

At a guess, I'd say they aren't doing refunds as most people will have seen enough to know not to bother.

#648 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:11 AM

Where can you buy 10 tickets?
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#649 Coggit

Coggit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:38 AM

It was a deal via London Theatre Direct. It was only posted (via Facebook) on Monday evening about 4 hours before the actual performance began. If you use facebook, they are worth a like. They sometimes have some really nice last moment deals.

They do have the same seats available for 17.50 on most other nights though. If you book on a week night the chances are you'll be upgraded either way since the upper circle is closed most nights.
2013 Theatre
[West End] Shrek****, The Phantom of the Opera***, Spamalot****,The Phantom of the Opera*****, Viva Forever*, Jersey Boys****, This House***, The Book of Mormon*****, Marinda Sings Live! ***** (Booked for: Stephen Ward, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
[UK Tour] The Phantom of the Opera*****, Rocky Horror Show***, Hairspray****, The 39 Steps**, The Mousetrap***, Starlight Express****, Rocky Horror Show****

#650 Coggit

Coggit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:13 PM

Viva Forever's West End Eurovision Ident.
2013 Theatre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users