3 replies to this topic

#1 Front Row Dress

Front Row Dress

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:41 AM

Does anyone else go to these? They really are a dream for MT nerds (hands up from me). They've only got two on this year  (it's normally three). Cole Porter's Aladdin is coming later, but this Sunday June 3rd are the last two performmaces of Flahooley  by Yip Harburg (Wizard of Oz) and Sammy Fain (Calamity Jane). We went last week and loved it. No costumes, set, props, just 19 great performers and a piano. It's a strange little show which is is basically a thinly veiled attack on capitalism and the McCarthy withchunts, all set in a toy factory. Honestly it's a great was to spend a Sunday afternoon. There's more on my blog if you're interested http://frontrowdress...-studio-at.html
www.frontrowdress.com

#2 Front Row Dress

Front Row Dress

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:07 PM

I can't believe that I'm the only anorak that frequents these. Anyway yesterday was the last one of the year, Cole Porter's final work Aladdin, orignally written for live TV broadcast in 1958. Unfortunately despite the valiant efforts of the cast, inclduing John Savident (Coronation Street's Fred Elliot), this is really a very slight work that would have been left "undiscovered" and was the least entertaining of any of the Lost Musicals we've been to. Here's to next year's discoveries. There's a little more on my blog, but not an awful lot http://www.frontrowd...at-sadlers.html
www.frontrowdress.com

#3 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:27 PM

I used to go to the Lost Musicals shows, back when the prices reflected the staging. But after a while they started charging West End prices, so I stopped and never got around to going back.
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#4 Front Row Dress

Front Row Dress

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:01 PM

You're right it is kind of pricey for a row of chairs and a piano (the only discount is a reduction to £21.50 if you book for all shows), but it's usually a great afternoon, not so on this occasion unfortunately.
www.frontrowdress.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users