31 replies to this topic

#21 theatreliker

theatreliker

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

I take it I'm going to have to pay full price for these then. Anyone recommend any seats in the Wyndham's?
2014 theatre: Blithe Spirit (Gielgud)  Booked: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Savoy)  Waterbabies (Curve)  View from the Bridge (Young Vic)  Birdland (Royal Court).

#22 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3760 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

There may be offers later on in the run. It wasn't full yesterday afternoon: balcony closed.

If you're paying £60, I'd go for the front row, simply because you see the facial expressions so well, which is important for an actor such as Atkinson. And your get a huge amount of legroom. The back row of the stalls is well raised up, and not too far away. £47 I think. Otherwise the balcony (and I've sat up there a lot!) is a clear view, though distant. I do think it's one of, if not the best, West End theatre in terms of sightlines.

They might introduce dayseats/stand-bys later on too, who knows.

#23 magician123

magician123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

Does Rowan Atkinson appear in all performances - matinees as well ?

#24 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3760 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

Yes, unless he's ill I suppose.

#25 theatreliker

theatreliker

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

Any cheap tickets going for this or any sign of them starting deals, etc.?
2014 theatre: Blithe Spirit (Gielgud)  Booked: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Savoy)  Waterbabies (Curve)  View from the Bridge (Young Vic)  Birdland (Royal Court).

#26 Parsley

Parsley

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

AWFUL

Went on Thursday and left at the interval

Bored rigid

Totally irrelevant play and outdated

If THIS is what Rowan Atkinson decided as his "vehicle" to make a serious stage comeback on then I consider it a pathetic choice of play

SImon Gray is certainly an acquired taste but I loved Butley (which is a far superior play)

#27 Mark_21

Mark_21

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

Off to see the Understudy Run of this the week after next after an unexpected email from my ex-landlord agent who's Rowan's understudy randomly!
So far in the West End and Off-West End: Wicked, Sister Act, Priscilla, The Lion King, An Inspector Calls, La Cage Aux Folles, Legally Blonde, Waiting For Godot, Blood Brothers, Private Lives, Oliver!, Shirley Valentine, Sweet Charity, All my Sons, Hair, Mamma Mia, End of the Rainbow, Love Story, We Will Rock You, The Children's Hour, The Wizard of Oz, Ordinary Lives, Clybourne Park, Betty Blue Eyes, Thrill Me, Shrek The Musical, Kathy Griffin Live at the Palace, Luise Miller, Billy Elliot, Lend Me A Tenor, Much Ado About Nothing, Park Avenue Cat, Ghost The Musical, The Phantom of the Opera, Love Never Dies, Les Miserables, Jersey Boys, Betwixt, Rock of Ages, A Round-Heeled Woman, Crazy For You, Masterclass, Absent Friends, Sex with a Stranger, After The Turn, The Awkward Squad, All New People, Hay Fever, Soul Sister, Bird's of a Feather UK Tour, Steel Magnolias UK Tour, The Duchess of Malfi, The Sunshine Boys, Noises Off, What the Butler Saw, South Downs/The Browning Version, Sweeney Todd, Long Day's Journey into Night, War Horse, One Man, Two Guvnors, Abigail's Party, Matilda, London Road, Jumpy, Looserville The Musical, Scrooge The Musical, 9 to 5 UK Tour, My Fair Lady...

2013: 9 to 5 The Musical (UK Tour), The Rocky Horror Show (UK Tour), Kiss Me Kate, The Book of Mormon, The Bodyguard, Quartermaine's Terms (Understudy Run), The Judas Kiss, The Bodyguard, The Winslow Boy, Top Hat, The Bodyguard, Ghost The Musical (UK Tour), Singin' in the Rain, Merrily We Roll Along, The Bodyguard, A Chorus Line, Passion Play, The Audience, Passion Play, The Bodyguard, Sweet Bird of Youth, The Bodyguard, Once...

#28 dude-1981

dude-1981

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

View PostMark_21, on 17 March 2013 - 07:35 PM, said:

Off to see the Understudy Run of this the week after next after an unexpected email from my ex-landlord agent who's Rowan's understudy randomly!

Any chance of others being able to get into this?  I just want to see the play, not bothered about the cast and seems to be no cheap way to see this like there is at most West End joints.
If, for some strange reason you care what I've seen, it's all here:

http://pcchan1981.livejournal.com/

#29 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:03 PM

View PostParsley, on 02 March 2013 - 12:37 PM, said:

AWFUL

Went on Thursday and left at the interval

Bored rigid

Totally irrelevant play and outdated

If THIS is what Rowan Atkinson decided as his "vehicle" to make a serious stage comeback on then I consider it a pathetic choice of play

SImon Gray is certainly an acquired taste but I loved Butley (which is a far superior play)
  It doesn't sound like an essential watch unless you're a Simon Gray/Rowan Atkinson completest but what does 'totally irrelevant play' mean. Irrelevant to what? :blink: And what are relevant plays relevant to?

#30 zyx123

zyx123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

View Postdude-1981, on 18 March 2013 - 12:18 PM, said:

Any chance of others being able to get into this?  I just want to see the play, not bothered about the cast and seems to be no cheap way to see this like there is at most West End joints.

Looks like it is open to the general public. It's been posted on the understudy runs in London facebook page.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users