• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Smile_Kayleigh:)

Smile_Kayleigh:)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:22 AM

Hiyya I'm a year 10 student wanting to go onto performing in the West End. I'd just like to ask if any body has any advice? I'm currently studying music at school as I am most interested in musical theatre however I do not study drama at the moment. I'm planning to pick up performing arts at sixth form however have been told I need some experience which I will have as I am starting drama at my theatre school soon at which I already do singing.If I go to college and study performing arts what would be the next step? Would it be wise to go to a Uni in London but I know its not as simple as that because of the cost of travel expensive etc. If I did go to Uni what should I do after? If any body has any answers I'd really appreciate it if you could get back to me thankyouu :) xxx

#2 theaterfan14

theaterfan14

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:51 PM

I am sure someone here can answer this better than i but ill give it a go.

Try and get as much experience as possible performing, it will only help your confidence and shows and active interest in performance. If you do performing arts at college, embrace everything that comes at you, and if you stay on for A Levels make sure Drama/Theatre studies are there although i have heard music if not an essential a level. Whilst at college and at your theatre school you will be taught audition technique ect. so you will have some knowledge if you should decide to audition for a drama school. Yes london is expensive but look at all the options for MT you have Mountview, Central, Arts Ed, ect,  and in Surrey you have GSA and LiPA in Liverpool and these all have brilliant reputations so it will be more competitive. If you get into one of these you will know what to do after because they will help and advise you on whats best for you, i.e character actress ect. It may be expensive to travel to and from auditions but if its your dream you will make it work and when your there, there may be some financial help available to you.

Good Luck and i hope i offered some help to you.
"How dare they try to end this beauty!?!?"

#3 Smile_Kayleigh:)

Smile_Kayleigh:)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:55 PM

Thankyou! Much appreciated :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users