95 replies to this topic

#21 paultheatre

paultheatre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:03 AM

Wow, they either have a LOT of creative holds on tickets, or they're not allocating much to the online people.  I'm normally quick to click on these type of ticket releases, but it was ON SALE then OFFSALE within 30 seconds.  Got nothing.  Anyone else try?

#22 drmaplewood

drmaplewood

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:06 AM

I managed to get a pair. Will report back.

#23 Nicholas

Nicholas

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:09 AM

Did you do anything particular to get tickets, or were you just quicker than I was?  At 9 I refreshed the page and it was already sold out.  There was me with my ideal little plan that no-one would rush to get tickets so early in its run...  If it gets good reviews it'll be absolutely hellish.

#24 drmaplewood

drmaplewood

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:13 AM

View PostNicholas, on 18 October 2012 - 08:09 AM, said:

Did you do anything particular to get tickets, or were you just quicker than I was?  At 9 I refreshed the page and it was already sold out.  There was me with my ideal little plan that no-one would rush to get tickets so early in its run...  If it gets good reviews it'll be absolutely hellish.

I was hitting F5 from about 8:55 on the off chance it went on sale a little early. Soon as it hit 9am it changed to "booking" and managed to get some with no problems. I imagine if you don't hit the page as soon as booking starts you're out of luck - the same happened when I tried to get Constellations day seats.

#25 Poly

Poly

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:19 AM

I got the Booking button, clicked on it, tried to add two seats, it wouldn't let me, then it was sold out. All in less than 10 secs. Luckily a friend is ninth in the queue for the 30 box office tickets so I should be getting a ticket anyway.

#26 drmaplewood

drmaplewood

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:28 AM

View PostPoly, on 18 October 2012 - 08:19 AM, said:

I got the Booking button, clicked on it, tried to add two seats, it wouldn't let me, then it was sold out. All in less than 10 secs. Luckily a friend is ninth in the queue for the 30 box office tickets so I should be getting a ticket anyway.

What time did your friend arrive, do you know? Couple of friends are going to try tomorrow.

#27 Nicholas

Nicholas

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:35 AM

Could you give us a quick word tonight as to whether or not it's worth all this fuss?  There's a lot else to see and do, and since this is a pain to try and schedule in (nice gap this evening now...) I can live without it if it's not absolutely unmissable.  Oh, and I wonder what time the people at the front of the queue got there - if it's the same people or person who queued for three days to see the final show of Jerusalem...

#28 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3741 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:40 AM

I for one am hoping it's awful, Damned by Despair awful would be nice. Then I won't have to bother, and I can book to see other things in the slots I've saved to try and get The River tickets, before those other things sell out too. And since it's only tickets on the day, no one will want to go so they'll be playing to empty houses. But that's VERY unlikely. :lol:

#29 Poly

Poly

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:50 AM

View Postdrmaplewood, on 18 October 2012 - 08:28 AM, said:

What time did your friend arrive, do you know? Couple of friends are going to try tomorrow.

Around 8am.

#30 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3741 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:06 AM

The first arrived at 5am I think.

Also tagged with Royal Court

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users