993 replies to this topic

#1 student

student

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:54 PM

hey people

im going to the disneyland paris auditions later this month at pineapple dance studios and have never danced in my life. the website says no experience is required!

Anyone got any tips?

What happens during the audition?

What should i wear?

Anyone worked as a character at disneyland before?

Anything else i should know?

thanks

morton.

#2 lala_hoppo

lala_hoppo

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Socializing, Spending time with family, Shopping, Fashion, Travelling, Acting, Singing, Art, Films, Music, Drinking, Having fun!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:16 PM

heya..

Im going to that audition too, and I am also trying to find out the same as you too.

Basically so Ive been told and read, that you have to wear comfortable clothing as will be required to take part in a movement/dance rutine...
Well, if this means for everyone or just dancers, performers ect...then I dont think people applying to be a normal character, have to dance!
Although I do think we will have do some character gestures and acting if you know what I mean..

But i have found this website..
http://corporate.disney.go.com/auditions/
Dont know if it will help you at all, it has me slightly but still doesnt really tell you what you will be doing which is really doing my head in because I have no clue at all what to expect...Im not the worlds greatest dancer, so I hope there is no dancing required lol unsure.gif

Let me know if it does help and if you find out anymore info about it.
Might see you there!!
rolleyes.gif
xxx

#3 student

student

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:40 AM

hey lala,

i have never ever ever danced in my life, so you have that on me!! i also hope they are not looking for skinny people... or french speaking people!!

morton

#4 Guest_Guest_Jen_*_*

Guest_Guest_Jen_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE(student @ Jan 8 2009, 03:40 AM) View Post
hey lala,

i have never ever ever danced in my life, so you have that on me!! i also hope they are not looking for skinny people... or french speaking people!!

morton

#5 Guest_Guest_jen_*_*

Guest_Guest_jen_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:04 PM

sorry for above one im new to writing on these

im at a performing arts college and previous years hav gone to audition ill b there 2 this year u all hav to dance but its more just movements if uve been to disneyland b4 the parade is more walking with gestures and thats wot ive heard u do in the audition, they like fun cheesy people not over the top disney fans lol
and if u get through that u go into an interview which is more like wen can u start and stuff hope that helped but dont worry about the dance section because it shouldnt b to hard from wot ive heard from previous people just go and hav fun thats all i can say lol and see u there

jen xx

#6 Guest_la la_*

Guest_la la_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:03 PM

hey guys thanks for the replies!!

Im hoping that they arent wanting really skinny people either lol because im not majorly skinny!!
But I think they give poeple a chane...it would be wrong if they wouldnt hire people who arent super skinny..

Yeah ive heard about the movement side but wasnt exactly sure what that ment..if that means just jumping about like a character or actual choreography...but the dances they do seem really easy, Im not so bad at dancing....i hope!! lol

Im just looking forward to it more than anything..even if i dont get through its going to be a great experience!!

Do you know anything about the height/weight restrictments though?? Im 5ft 2 and it eithe seems to be for really small poeple like 4ft 11 or really tall like 6ft 2!!

xxx

#7 Guest_Bakaneko_*

Guest_Bakaneko_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2009 - 05:55 PM

Heya, I'll be at the same audition, auditioning for a character look-alike role. Unfortunately I'm 5'6" which seems to be a dreadful height for girls applying to disney >< from what I've read they generally like shorter girls sad.gif

#8 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE(Bakaneko @ Jan 11 2009, 05:55 PM) View Post
Heya, I'll be at the same audition, auditioning for a character look-alike role. Unfortunately I'm 5'6" which seems to be a dreadful height for girls applying to disney >< from what I've read they generally like shorter girls sad.gif

I've auditioned before and the dance routines are SO simple, i.e. step touch cheesy pose...nothing hard about it at all. And they welcome all heights and don't prefer it if you're short. It's meant to be a fun audition its not like you'll be auditioning for the Royal Ballet School so just turn up have fun and enjoy! All they look for is that you can light up a performance setting with your presence and not that you can do a tripple back flip or something!

Have fun

#9 Rina

Rina

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 10:15 PM

sounds like itll be fun!

#10 Guest_Guest_lala_hoppo_*_*

Guest_Guest_lala_hoppo_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:50 PM

Ooooh im so excited!! Im not nervous as such, I just cant wait to get there and experience it...even if I dont get a job, the auditions alone will be amazing in itself!

Im 5ft 2! i havent got a clue who i could be!?
Although I have been told i look like cinderella but i dont think im tall enough! sad.gif

xxx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users