Disneyland Paris Audition

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
993 replies to this topic

#31 Guest_Guest_lala_hoppo_*_*

Guest_Guest_lala_hoppo_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE(tweety @ Mar 18 2009, 08:42 PM) View Post
yeah i know what u mean, and against professional dancers makes you so much more conscious!
no she didn't get it, she left before auditioning lol.
do u recon they'll recognise you if u go to more than one audition? lol... that could be embarrassing! apparently its the same main 2 casting people..
i haven't heard anything about the next auditions. i wonder if there is a job doing something similar at a different theme park? one where dancing isn't too much of an issue? x x

I shouldnt think so, i was woundering that too. They probably get sooooo many people apply they wont be able to know everyones faces.
Ive seen a date for a Disneyland Paris Audition but its in Frane, whats the point in tellin people to come back in april if they arent even bein held in this country!!
Im so confused lol
Erm not sure really, I know that Seaworld does auditions and Universal probably do too but thats if they come to the UK.
xx

#32 Guest_emmaxoxo_*

Guest_emmaxoxo_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2009 - 07:49 PM

The dates for the April auditions are up!

http://disneylandparis-casting.com/var/dlr...3939c1b19ea.pdf

Disney is holding Open Auditions for Characters (no previous performing experience required), Parade Performers (good basic dance level) and Disney Princes and Princesses lookalikes.

On either Sunday April 26th in Yorkshire Dance, St Peter's Square,Leeds at 10am

or

Tuesday 28th at The Urdang Academy, Rosebery Ave, London at 10am

All heights welcome, must a have a passport, and take a CV with you. Wear comfortable clothing as you will have to do a dance routine. Successful candidates will be asked to attend at interview ending no later than 7pm.

Contracts start between May and July for a minimum of 6months.

Characters only earn 1345EUR and Lookalikes and Performers 1539EUR a month

Is anyone going???

I'm thinking of going to the London one, but I'm really not a dancer, but would love to work for Disney. Do you think I could be a Character, it's says you have to do a movement/dance routine -- What are these like? They're not too hard are they?

From reading this, is sounds like if you just want to be a Character (which I do), you don't really get a chance if you not a really good/fast a learning dance routines (which I'm not)

What does everyone wear to these auditions just gym/dance clothes like sweats etc...?

I'll be going on my own, are there many other people there on there own?

#33 Guest_Guest_hayley_*_*

Guest_Guest_hayley_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE(emmaxoxo @ Mar 28 2009, 07:49 PM) View Post
The dates for the April auditions are up!

http://disneylandparis-casting.com/var/dlr...3939c1b19ea.pdf

Disney is holding Open Auditions for Characters (no previous performing experience required), Parade Performers (good basic dance level) and Disney Princes and Princesses lookalikes.

On either Sunday April 26th in Yorkshire Dance, St Peter's Square,Leeds at 10am

or

Tuesday 28th at The Urdang Academy, Rosebery Ave, London at 10am

All heights welcome, must a have a passport, and take a CV with you. Wear comfortable clothing as you will have to do a dance routine. Successful candidates will be asked to attend at interview ending no later than 7pm.

Contracts start between May and July for a minimum of 6months.

Characters only earn 1345EUR and Lookalikes and Performers 1539EUR a month

Is anyone going???

I'm thinking of going to the London one, but I'm really not a dancer, but would love to work for Disney. Do you think I could be a Character, it's says you have to do a movement/dance routine -- What are these like? They're not too hard are they?
From reading this, is sounds like if you just want to be a Character (which I do), you don't really get a chance if you not a really good/fast a learning dance routines (which I'm not)

What does everyone wear to these auditions just gym/dance clothes like sweats etc...?

I'll be going on my own, are there many other people there on there own?

Hey, the dance routines are quite hard if your not a dancer... not like MAJORLY hard but they do it really quickly and only go through it a couple of times - so u have to be a fast learner! You get all sorts of people wearing different clothes, all the dancers wear proper dance clothes and shoes (and you see them all walming up, putting their legs over there head before the audition - which is very off putting!) but you do see a few people in jeans, it's up to you! and yeah there are quite a few people that go on there own so you won't be the only one.

#34 Guest_LisaInWonderland_*

Guest_LisaInWonderland_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:07 AM

Hey guys! im planning on going to the london audition on the 28th! ever so excited! anyone else planning to go? and any tips for people that have auditioned before? xxx

#35 Guest_adam_*

Guest_adam_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2009 - 11:05 AM

Hey,
I had looked at this thread before going to an audition for characters here in Paris, and simply wanted to share my own experience to put anyone who may be nervous at ease  wink.gif

My audition was today, April 15th, 2009 in Paris. We were asked to arrive at 9:30, but of course people were there much earlier. I got there around 9 and waited for half an hour on the street with about 100 other candidates. They let us in the building at 9:30, and we were asked to follow the woman in charge of the process into a large hallway, where we were given the opportunity to change if we needed to, and if not to simply go to the dance hall.

Most people were just wearing comfortable/gym clothes...think tee shirts, sweatpants and sneakers.

The first thing we were asked to do was to remove our shoes, and we were then measured in a long cattle call line for height. After that, we were given a form to fill out with our information (name, address, a few questions about experience). The woman running the interview asked if there were any non-French speakers at this point, and said it was absolutely not a problem if you don't speak French, and her assistant translated for the 5 or 6 people who needed it. smile.gif

After the forms were filled out, we watched a powerpoint presentation about working at Disney in a character position, how much it pays, etc.

After all of that, we were asked to fill the center of the room, and asked to walk like a cowboy for eight beats. It wasn't a big deal, definitely not dancing...just movements and gesturing. We then were asked to act like a pirate for 8 beats, then be on the seven dwarfs, be an evil villain, and be a prince/princess. We did all of these little pantomimes in rapid succession, each one lasting for 8 beats. You definitely don't need any choreography experience to complete that. Just be BIG and ANIMATED.

We ran through it as a group three or four times, and then they called us out in groups of six to perform those character impersonations. Finally, we were called into sections for who made it past the first cut and who didn't. As I didn't, I can't tell you much else...only that the woman running it said that everyone needed to do the choreography session, even if you're not a dancer, because they need to evaluate each person on their abilities as a whole.  smile.gif

Hope that helps!

#36 Guest_lucy_*

Guest_lucy_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2009 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE(adam @ Apr 15 2009, 11:05 AM) View Post
Hey,
I had looked at this thread before going to an audition for characters here in Paris, and simply wanted to share my own experience to put anyone who may be nervous at ease  wink.gif

My audition was today, April 15th, 2009 in Paris. We were asked to arrive at 9:30, but of course people were there much earlier. I got there around 9 and waited for half an hour on the street with about 100 other candidates. They let us in the building at 9:30, and we were asked to follow the woman in charge of the process into a large hallway, where we were given the opportunity to change if we needed to, and if not to simply go to the dance hall.

Most people were just wearing comfortable/gym clothes...think tee shirts, sweatpants and sneakers.

The first thing we were asked to do was to remove our shoes, and we were then measured in a long cattle call line for height. After that, we were given a form to fill out with our information (name, address, a few questions about experience). The woman running the interview asked if there were any non-French speakers at this point, and said it was absolutely not a problem if you don't speak French, and her assistant translated for the 5 or 6 people who needed it. smile.gif

After the forms were filled out, we watched a powerpoint presentation about working at Disney in a character position, how much it pays, etc.

After all of that, we were asked to fill the center of the room, and asked to walk like a cowboy for eight beats. It wasn't a big deal, definitely not dancing...just movements and gesturing. We then were asked to act like a pirate for 8 beats, then be on the seven dwarfs, be an evil villain, and be a prince/princess. We did all of these little pantomimes in rapid succession, each one lasting for 8 beats. You definitely don't need any choreography experience to complete that. Just be BIG and ANIMATED.

We ran through it as a group three or four times, and then they called us out in groups of six to perform those character impersonations. Finally, we were called into sections for who made it past the first cut and who didn't. As I didn't, I can't tell you much else...only that the woman running it said that everyone needed to do the choreography session, even if you're not a dancer, because they need to evaluate each person on their abilities as a whole.  smile.gif

Hope that helps!

hey Adam, im goin 2 the leeds audition this month, wanting 2 be a dancer at disney. Im worried about the animation part, what sorts of actions were the ones who got through doing for the cow boys? etc

#37 Guest_Vanessa_*

Guest_Vanessa_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:03 PM

Hi Adam
Im also attending the audition in leeds this month and am rather nervous about the whole thing but also quite excited as ive wanted to so this for quite some time and now the opportunities here!!:D

Ive read alot on these posts and people seem to be feeling the same as me that puts me at ease but im rather nervous about the characture part of the audition, i mean its mostly improvisation but what are they looking for exactly. are the panel of casting judges nice, or very expressionless and off putting..thats always my worry?

Anyone else going to leeds this month?? would love to here from you:)

Vanessa xx

#38 Guest_Ashey_*

Guest_Ashey_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2009 - 12:40 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm going to the Leeds audition with my friend for the 26 April auditions. Kinda nervouse as i'm not sure what will happen, and i also don't think i can commit to at least 6 months, which is what they're looking for, but i kinda still want to go for the experience. What would people recommend?

Has anyone been offered a contract that has only lasted a few month? If so, can you let me know?

Nervous about it but strangeley excited as well.

Thanks,

Ashley x

#39 Guest_lucy_*

Guest_lucy_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE(Ashey @ Apr 17 2009, 12:40 PM) View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm going to the Leeds audition with my friend for the 26 April auditions. Kinda nervouse as i'm not sure what will happen, and i also don't think i can commit to at least 6 months, which is what they're looking for, but i kinda still want to go for the experience. What would people recommend?

Has anyone been offered a contract that has only lasted a few month? If so, can you let me know?

Nervous about it but strangeley excited as well.

Thanks,

Ashley x

hey guys who r goin 2 leeds, do u know how far the audition place is frm leeds train st? is it walking distance? also do u kno if ur head shots have to be be professional and what size they hav 2 be?

i would really appreciate it if some 1 could help!

thanks, Lucy xxx

#40 Guest_vanessa_*

Guest_vanessa_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE(lucy @ Apr 17 2009, 03:51 PM) View Post
hey guys who r goin 2 leeds, do u know how far the audition place is frm leeds train st? is it walking distance? also do u kno if ur head shots have to be be professional and what size they hav 2 be?

i would really appreciate it if some 1 could help!

thanks, Lucy xxx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users