Disneyland Paris Audition

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
993 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_Ashley_*

Guest_Ashley_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:26 PM

Hi Lucy,

The auditions are held at Yorkshire dance, which is about 20 minutes walk from Leeds Train station, but i have been told that it's kinda on a main road so the best thing might be to get a taxi from the station, which i think is about £3-£4, plus the area is a little rough at night time.

The head shots have to be A4 size and don't have to be professional, just need to look like you do now. I'm just gonna take a pic either on my phone or with a digi cam and get it printed off onto photographic paper, and then attach my C.V onto the back of it.

Nervous but excited. gain, if anyone has been offered a contract, how long has it been for?

Thanks,

Ashley x

#42 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 05:09 AM

QUOTE(Ashley @ Apr 17 2009, 11:26 PM) View Post
The head shots have to be A4 size and don't have to be professional, just need to look like you do now. I'm just gonna take a pic either on my phone or with a digi cam and get it printed off onto photographic paper, and then attach my C.V onto the back of it.

If you're not going to use a professional photographer then at least use a proper camera, not a phone camera. The ability to throw the background out of focus makes all the difference, and you get much better tonality from good equipment. And never use on-camera flash because it invariably looks awful for portraits. If you don't have access to a studio then use natural light. If you just attach some crummy snapshot then you might as well throw your application in the bin yourself to save them the trouble.

Whenever someone offers a job they always get many more applications than they need, and a quick way to get the number of candidates down to a manageable level is to write off anyone who looks as though they can't be bothered to take that extra bit of care when applying. If an employer has, say, ten positions available then what they're trying to do is to get down to the last twenty candidates as quickly as possible so they can give those remaining few the attention necessary to make the final selection. If your headshot looks like you took it yourself with a phone then they'll have made their decision before they even look up from the picture, and it won't be in your favour.
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#43 Guest_lucy_*

Guest_lucy_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:11 AM

QUOTE(Ashley @ Apr 17 2009, 10:26 PM) View Post
Hi Lucy,

The auditions are held at Yorkshire dance, which is about 20 minutes walk from Leeds Train station, but i have been told that it's kinda on a main road so the best thing might be to get a taxi from the station, which i think is about £3-£4, plus the area is a little rough at night time.

Nervous but excited. gain, if anyone has been offered a contract, how long has it been for?

Thanks,

Ashley x

Hi Ashley,

Thanks so much 4 the info and advice. I think i will get a taxi then. I did have professional head shots done in summer, but now i hav a fringe so they dont look like me any more! Im gona use a pic i took with my camera as i cant afford 2 get more professional ones dun yet lol.

My friend got a job at Disney last year and only did 3 months, so it is possible 2 get a shorter contract. I guess it just depends if any are available.

Thanks, Lucy xx

#44 Weez

Weez

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2632 posts
  • Interests:Theatre. :D

Posted 18 April 2009 - 11:44 AM

Is your fringe long enough to clip out of the way during auditions? If so, could be worth using your be-fringed headshot anyway. Seems a shame not to use them really!

Notes from the Earlham Street Gutter
http://earlhamstreet...r.blogspot.com/

#45 Guest_Ashley_*

Guest_Ashley_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2009 - 04:01 PM

I agree with the last post, if you can clip your fringe back i'd do that coz if you're lucky enough to have professional shots done you might as well use them.

Sadly for me, i can't, and although they undoubtably will look better it's just not something i can do at the moment. Took my pic with a camera in natural light with a neutral background so they don't look hidesously bad.

Nice to hear that you're friend got offered a 3 month stint, gives me a bit more hope but still, the experience will be worth it as well.

Good luck and if anyone gets through, you'll have to let us know on here and how it went!

Ashley x

#46 Guest_lucy_*

Guest_lucy_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2009 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE(Ashley @ Apr 18 2009, 04:01 PM) View Post
I agree with the last post, if you can clip your fringe back i'd do that coz if you're lucky enough to have professional shots done you might as well use them.

Sadly for me, i can't, and although they undoubtably will look better it's just not something i can do at the moment. Took my pic with a camera in natural light with a neutral background so they don't look hidesously bad.

Nice to hear that you're friend got offered a 3 month stint, gives me a bit more hope but still, the experience will be worth it as well.

Good luck and if anyone gets through, you'll have to let us know on here and how it went!

Ashley x

Hey thanks 4 the advice evry 1, it does seem to be silly 2 waist my professional ones, but i hate them lol, and i now hate myself without a fringe!, so wouldnt audition without it lol.

maybe ill c u all ther, i might be on my own coz my friends not got bck 2 me yet whether shes coming. jus ope i dnt get lost!

thanks Lucy xxx

#47 Guest_Ashley_*

Guest_Ashley_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2009 - 06:54 PM

Just one more question Lucy,

with your professional head shots, what are they like? Are they head and shoulder shots? Are they in lour or black and white? Is your hair up or down and do you smile or not? Thanks, i'm a bit of a novie at this!

Ashley x

#48 Guest_lucy_*

Guest_lucy_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2009 - 08:41 AM

QUOTE(Ashley @ Apr 18 2009, 06:54 PM) View Post
Just one more question Lucy,

with your professional head shots, what are they like? Are they head and shoulder shots? Are they in lour or black and white? Is your hair up or down and do you smile or not? Thanks, i'm a bit of a novie at this!

Ashley x

hey Ashley, yeh ther head n shoulder shots in black and white (but u can hav them done in colour i think) my hair is down and yes im smiling lol. Hav u ever seen a west end show? coz in the programmes it shows the cast and all their pictures are head shots, it might be worth a look!

hope this helps

Lucy xxx

#49 Guest_Ashley_*

Guest_Ashley_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:22 AM

Just a few more questions before Sunday people that I hope you can help me on.

For character performers, should we prepare a character that we can animate for the audition? Iíve read posts that say they make you do choreography of walking like a pirate for 8 counts, being an evil villain for 8 more etc. But I was wondering if you should have a specific rehearsed skit of a character that you can animate through gestures and facial features, does this make sense? If anyone could help I would be really grateful.

Thanks,

Ashley x

#50 Guest_Little-'un_*

Guest_Little-'un_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 12:24 PM

We ran through it as a group three or four times, and then they called us out in groups of six to perform those character impersonations. Finally, we were called into sections for who made it past the first cut and who didn't. As I didn't, I can't tell you much else...only that the woman running it said that everyone needed to do the choreography session, even if you're not a dancer, because they need to evaluate each person on their abilities as a whole.  smile.gif

Hope that helps!
[/quote]

Hi Adam,

I'm going to the auditions this week in Leeds and a bit nervous as they say the character performers can't really have much rehearsed as such - however, i was wondering do i need to concentrate on one character and then improvise him/her? Or do they give you a character and a scenario and you just do it there and then? And advice and help would be grand.

Thanks. xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users