Disneyland Paris Audition

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
993 replies to this topic

#51 Guest_Vanessa_*

Guest_Vanessa_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 02:54 PM

QUOTE(Little- @ Apr 21 2009, 12:24 PM) View Post
We ran through it as a group three or four times, and then they called us out in groups of six to perform those character impersonations. Finally, we were called into sections for who made it past the first cut and who didn't. As I didn't, I can't tell you much else...only that the woman running it said that everyone needed to do the choreography session, even if you're not a dancer, because they need to evaluate each person on their abilities as a whole.  smile.gif

Hope that helps!
Hi Adam,

I'm going to the auditions this week in Leeds and a bit nervous as they say the character performers can't really have much rehearsed as such - however, i was wondering do i need to concentrate on one character and then improvise him/her? Or do they give you a character and a scenario and you just do it there and then? And advice and help would be grand.

Thanks. xx

Hey Ashley.

im also going on sunday for the audition and im bricking it!!! im not sure about the character part but tbh you'll just have to improvise. you could focus on one character but be hard if you arnt in costume. perhaps just be versatile and see what the day brings. x

#52 Guest_Swedish-Fluff_*

Guest_Swedish-Fluff_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:54 AM

Hi guysssssssssssssss !!!!!

I'm coming to the Leeds audition on this Sunday the 26th ...... I've just read through loads of the posts and i am actually physically shaking I am soooooooo nervous it's untrue .....

I'm just finishing a drama degree but i am by no means a dancer and sooooooo worried about messing up the choreography :-(

I'm coming to the audition alone, are there many others coming by themselves? i have a feeling lots of friends will be coming together and can see myself sat shaking and sweating with pure fear in the corner like a billy no mates haha .. oh noooo!!!!

is it defo compulsory to have a picture? arghhhh i have no time to get one at such short notice and it never said that on the actual advertisement ... do you think i might get away with just a passport pic? or something?

also what is everybody wearing? i'm feeling sweatpants and a dance hoodie or something? or will i look like a complete scruff bag? :-S  i will actually die if other people are wearing pretty dresses and stuff!!!

anyways i'm going to shut up now ..... any calming comments would not go amiss people??? ...... arghhh!!! ... looking forward to meeting all of you handsome lot  rolleyes.gif laugh.gif  

Natalie xXx

#53 Guest_AKAALI_*

Guest_AKAALI_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2009 - 01:42 PM

Hi Guys

I want to got to the auditions too but I don't know the times and locations. Do you know the location and time of the London one?

If so cheers, if not best wishes to you in your quest to become a Disney character!!

A xx

#54 Guest_Ashley_*

Guest_Ashley_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2009 - 03:09 PM

Hi Natalie,

Don't stress too much, for starters i'm sure most people will be turning up in sweats, i'm going in gym clothes with my mate so at least 3 of us will be in te same attire.

Secondly, don't worry too much about going alone, i bet loads of people go on their own and make friends with people there, know me and my mate will be chatting to everyone we can to calm our nerves.

Also, know the ad said bring a head shot but i've also had no chance/money to go out and get professional ones done either, but you have to take your passport with you and there's a pic on that so................. i dunno, it's all experience at the end of the day isn't it?

Anyway, the auditionsa re fast approaching, i've not donw much rehearsal really, just gonna go with an open mind and expect everything. Are other people feeling the same way?

Good luck everyone and let us know how you all get on after Sunday - Eep.

Ashley x

#55 Guest_lucy_*

Guest_lucy_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2009 - 04:21 PM

hey guys,

Jus 2 let u kno i went 2 th audition 2day in leeds n got through everything. I just hav 2 wait for a contract that suits me 2 become available now. has anyone else ever been in this situation? did u get contacted or not?

How did everyone else do?

thanks Lucy xxx

#56 Guest_vanessa_*

Guest_vanessa_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE(lucy @ Apr 26 2009, 04:21 PM) View Post
hey guys,

Jus 2 let u kno i went 2 th audition 2day in leeds n got through everything. I just hav 2 wait for a contract that suits me 2 become available now. has anyone else ever been in this situation? did u get contacted or not?

How did everyone else do?

thanks Lucy xxx

aww well done lucy!!! i also went to the audition today. didnt even get through the first round and i was gutted as i dance professionally and i didnt even get to show my talent. but tbh they knew what they wanted as soon as we walked through the door.
im really chuffed for you though.

just have to try again wnt i haha. x

#57 Guest_LisaInWonderland_*

Guest_LisaInWonderland_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2009 - 04:22 AM

god my audition is offically tomro! anyone else going to the london one?!
and how did the leeds one go?
xx

#58 Guest_mickey mouse_*

Guest_mickey mouse_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2009 - 11:31 AM

Hey, im going to the london audition tomorow and quite nervous about the choreography session does any one know what that involves? (the 2nd stage) Im not a dancer and im worried they will only choose the best dancers to go through,

id be really grateful if anyone could reply smile.gif

#59 Guest_lucy_*

Guest_lucy_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2009 - 01:29 PM

Hey everyone,

Below is some info on the audition, Vanessa sorry 2 hear u didnt get through im a dancer too so i kno how u feel; they shoulda done the dance part 1st!

The format of the leeds audition was:

1.) Sign in and wait in a seating area. Fill in a form about yourself including when you would be able to start.

2.) All go into the dance studio taking all bags etc, and line up with shoes off ready to be measured.

3.) Watch a presentation of disney (how much you get paid, how many hours you work etc)Ask any questions.

4.) They ask you all to spread out and act like characters. We had walk forwards for 8 counts being a cowboy/girl, then act like a pirate for 8 counts travelling in a circle, then chose a dwarf and act that out for 8 counts on the spot, then 3 walks to the left evil villan pose then repeat to the other side, then disney prince or princess bow or curtsey for 8 counts. JUST BE BIG AND ANIMATED.

We performed them alltogether 1st, then they split us into groups. They then made their 1st cut.

5.) They then taught us a dance routine, which was quite simple including single piroettes, arm gestures and touch turns(pas de bouree turning). We performed alltogether 1st then in smaller groups. They gave us loadz of practice time! They then made their 2nd cut. If your not a dancer dnt worri jus try and pick it up and SMILE, as their still lookin for face characters at this point!

6.) They then sent some people to hair and makeup to see if they could be face characters. The rest of us gave in our cvs and photos (note they only asked for cvs not photos, but mine was printed on the back lol.)   and then they took a photo of each of us 1 at a time.

7.) They then informed us that we had been successful and had the talent to be a character and parade performer. They then gave us a small piece of paper each which said we were on their waiting list for 6 months, while they tried to find us a suitable contract that suits our height and performance levels. They did say that they may not be able to find us all a contract and we should take any other job offers if we get any.

I was a bit gutted that i didnt walk away with a contract even though i got through, but i guess ill just have to wait and see if i do actually get contacted at all!

Gud luck 2 those who r goin 2 london 2mro!

Hope this helps

Lucy xxx tongue.gif

#60 Guest_Ashley_*

Guest_Ashley_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2009 - 01:31 PM

Hi Guys,

Well done Lucy and everyone else who got through - v exciting. I have to ask, how did the second round go and how many people got through right to the end? Did you find out what they wanted you to do and what character you'd be?

Agree a little with vanessa though - i think they knew who they wanted through as soon as they saw you. I didn't get through either but had a proper good laugh and at least i'll know what to expect when the next auditions roll around.

x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users