993 replies to this topic

#971 argen

argen

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:06 AM

Hi guys, i was wondering if any of you that worked as a character or parade performer could tell me a bit more about what sort of contracts you got? How much you got paid, if you got accomomdation included, etc.. I just would like to know a bit more information and i cannot find it!

Thanks !
So far.... Wicked / Spring Awakening / Beauty & The beast / We will rock you / Cats / Cabaret / Avenue Q/ Piaf / The lion King / The sound of music / Hairspray / Sweet Charity / The producers / Rent /Tick Tick Boom! / The last 5 Years / Sister Act / Oliver / I love you, youre perfect, now change / Chicago / Legally Blonde / La Cage aux folles / Hair / Tap Dogs /Jersey Boys / Drowsy Chaperone / Spiderman Turn of the dark / Memphis / The Addams Family / Million Dollar Quartet / Priscilla Queen of the Desert / American Idiot / Mary Poppins / In the Heights/ Betwixt / Crazy for you / Viva Forever / Singing in the rain / Ordinary Days / Les Miserables / Next to normal / Dreamboats and petticoats / Rock of Ages /

#972 Guest_Annoyed mother_*

Guest_Annoyed mother_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:39 AM

I too ,find the list situation annoying.If Disney has all these suitable people already on a very long list I'm sure ,why continue to hold more auditions instead of offering the  jobs available to the people who already auditioned and  are 1st in line..?????it is so disappointing to get through so far ....then NOTHING....seems unfair to me..

#973 Guest_leahy89_*

Guest_leahy89_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2011 - 03:33 PM

i went to one about 6 months ago and didnt know what to expect so heres what we had to do...

we were all put in one room regardless of who or what you wanted to do wether that be acting/dancing etc to try and learn a routine. nothing long or complicated but previous dance experience will help. each line will learn 1 lot of 8 counts and then be placed to the back until your line ends up at the front again. it is really hard to see so just be patient and pick up what you can from others so you dont fall behind. you only have about 30 mins to learn this before having to perform to a small panel with about 5 other people. this is what happened in my audition anyway. you dance once and if your are not suitable for any of the jobs you are asked to leave. if you are chosen you will be asked to dance with others in the same boat as you until people are finally selected. hope this helps :) i am also going to attend the pineapple one so see you there!

#974 Guest_Luna_*

Guest_Luna_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:53 AM

Hey i will also be attending the auditions ... i am 5"9 2 inches over the required hight for bell do you think i still might have a chance ?

my friend has worked in disney last year for 6 months and he just told me to go talk to people be livley and have an amazing time and that the steps are really easy! so thats a bonus : )

hope to see you all there : )

good luck xx

#975 Guest_Michaela_*

Guest_Michaela_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:02 PM

Ahhh im so excited for this! Im not the skinniest either but i do have a little bit of experience in performing.

I dont think i look like any characters but do you think if i just did the dancing bit and they thought i looked like someone that they would tell me?

Cant wait!!!!! xxx

#976 Guest_ashleigh orvis_*

Guest_ashleigh orvis_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:05 PM

Can anyone tell me when the next auditions are gunna be cus i wanna try out for them!

#977 Guest_ashleigh orvis_*

Guest_ashleigh orvis_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:07 PM

View PostMichaela, on 02 January 2012 - 11:02 PM, said:

Ahhh im so excited for this! Im not the skinniest either but i do have a little bit of experience in performing.

I dont think i look like any characters but do you think if i just did the dancing bit and they thought i looked like someone that they would tell me?

Cant wait!!!!! xxx

#978 Guest_ashleigh orvis_*

Guest_ashleigh orvis_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:08 PM

hey michaela
could you tell me when the next audition is so i can travel down to london to go there im 16 but i have a lot of experience in dancing and singing!

#979 Guest_Claudia kirlew_*

Guest_Claudia kirlew_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:12 AM

I just went to the audition at olmpia and you had to mimic a pirate, cow girl or boy , a 7 duwarf character , a prince or princess and a wave at the easy all fun , be animated but also include dance technique . Claudia

#980 Guest_Kitty_*

Guest_Kitty_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:09 PM

Hey is anyone going to the Leeds one of the 2nd April? email me on Katherine_Hemmings@hotmail.co.uk :D be cool to get to know a few people

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users