89 replies to this topic

#1 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3371 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:17 AM

Before its even started previews at Chichester the transfer has been confirmed for a Christmas season at the Old Vic, seems all the leads are transferring with it

#2 Mark_21

Mark_21

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:58 PM

Fantastic news!! I really wanted to see this but was finding it hard to find the time to travel there!! I'm dying to see Ms. Waddingham in something new =) Any idea when tickets go on sale??
So far in the West End and Off-West End: Wicked, Sister Act, Priscilla, The Lion King, An Inspector Calls, La Cage Aux Folles, Legally Blonde, Waiting For Godot, Blood Brothers, Private Lives, Oliver!, Shirley Valentine, Sweet Charity, All my Sons, Hair, Mamma Mia, End of the Rainbow, Love Story, We Will Rock You, The Children's Hour, The Wizard of Oz, Ordinary Lives, Clybourne Park, Betty Blue Eyes, Thrill Me, Shrek The Musical, Kathy Griffin Live at the Palace, Luise Miller, Billy Elliot, Lend Me A Tenor, Much Ado About Nothing, Park Avenue Cat, Ghost The Musical, The Phantom of the Opera, Love Never Dies, Les Miserables, Jersey Boys, Betwixt, Rock of Ages, A Round-Heeled Woman, Crazy For You, Masterclass, Absent Friends, Sex with a Stranger, After The Turn, The Awkward Squad, All New People, Hay Fever, Soul Sister, Bird's of a Feather UK Tour, Steel Magnolias UK Tour, The Duchess of Malfi, The Sunshine Boys, Noises Off, What the Butler Saw, South Downs/The Browning Version, Sweeney Todd, Long Day's Journey into Night, War Horse, One Man, Two Guvnors, Abigail's Party, Matilda, London Road, Jumpy, Looserville The Musical, Scrooge The Musical, 9 to 5 UK Tour, My Fair Lady...

2013: 9 to 5 The Musical (UK Tour), The Rocky Horror Show (UK Tour), Kiss Me Kate, The Book of Mormon, The Bodyguard, Quartermaine's Terms (Understudy Run), The Judas Kiss, The Bodyguard, The Winslow Boy, Top Hat, The Bodyguard, Ghost The Musical (UK Tour), Singin' in the Rain, Merrily We Roll Along, The Bodyguard, A Chorus Line, Passion Play, The Audience, Passion Play, The Bodyguard, Sweet Bird of Youth, The Bodyguard, Once...

#3 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3371 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:05 PM

On sale now

#4 Rain

Rain

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:19 PM

Fantastic :)

#5 bickypeg

bickypeg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:02 PM

Oh I do like her!A real Christmas treat!

#6 Jamie Kenny

Jamie Kenny

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:39 PM

Is anybody going to the first preview in Chichester on Monday night? Can't wait to hear reports :)

#7 Alf

Alf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:23 PM

Has anyone got experiences of the dress circle slips at the Old Vic?? :)
My occasionally neglected theatre blog: http://thegreatestof...blogspot.co.uk/
Latest post: Review: 'Blithe Spirit' at the Gielgud Theatre: http://thegreatestof...theatre_10.html

#8 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:40 PM

I'm not a fan - high stools as oppose to chairs.
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#9 Emsworthian

Emsworthian

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:57 PM

The feedback I've had from the previews has been extremely positive.  The three people I know who have seen it have all loved it and said the leads were wonderful; one person is already planning to see it a second time.

I'm sorry I haven't got any more specific details; I'm seeing it in August.

#10 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:16 AM

I'm seeing it in July.  I'd always prefer to see a production at the original venue if possible and quite enjoy a summer day out in Chichester, but can't afford the cost and time to see everything I'd like there each season, so I prioritise new writing and shows I haven't previously seen;  this one falls into the latter category for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users