#61 Alf

Alf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:50 PM

View Posttheatreliker, on 23 September 2012 - 07:08 PM, said:

Are there day seats for this or the £12 under25 seats that they used to do?
Yepp, Under 25 seats available, went last week and can highly recommend.
My occasionally neglected theatre blog: http://thegreatestof...blogspot.co.uk/
Latest post: Review: 'Blithe Spirit' at the Gielgud Theatre: http://thegreatestof...theatre_10.html

#62 luce66

luce66

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

That's fantastic. Do you know if they are in a particular area of the theatre or is it best available?

#63 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3741 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:55 PM

Front row stalls, slips and upper circle I think.

#64 luce66

luce66

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:53 PM

Great thanks :) I've only got a couple of months left of being under 25 so going to make sure I go!

#65 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:41 PM

View Postluce66, on 30 September 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

Great thanks :) I've only got a couple of months left of being under 25 so going to make sure I go!

Isn't it under 26, most of these are 16-25 schemes.

#66 luce66

luce66

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:55 PM

View PostDanielWhit, on 30 September 2012 - 06:41 PM, said:

Isn't it under 26, most of these are 16-25 schemes.

Oh right that's even better news then, thanks.

#67 theatreliker

theatreliker

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:06 PM

Saw this last week. Extremely impressed by the acting. I see what they meant in the programme about melodrama. The ending was done briliantly I thought and enjoyed the music which gave it a cinematic feeling in my opinion. However, I'm not a big fan of Ibsen and thought that it perhaps isn't that relevant now as it once was and found the story a bit dull - I wasn't the only one who found that.
2014 theatre: Blithe Spirit (Gielgud)  Booked: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Savoy)  Waterbabies (Curve)  View from the Bridge (Young Vic)  Birdland (Royal Court).

#68 mallardo

mallardo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:35 AM

A woman trapped by her own choices in a stifling social situation and unable to cope except by lashing out.

Two academics vying for a coveted post - one of them battling alcoholism.

A local official exerting influence in a police matter.

Not relevant?
Excuse me if I seem jejune
I promise I'll find my marbles soon.

#69 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3741 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:36 PM

I was exhausted by the end of watching this this afternoon, in a good way. It's excellent, and aren't we lucky to have 2 brilliant Ibsens on The Cut in the space of a few months? Very strong cast, though Sheridan Smith wasn't my stand out, good she was- Fenella Woolgar and Daniel Lapaine are mesmerising in this. Adrian Scarborough his wonderful self, lovely performance.

Anna Mackmin, the director, hasn't messed around with it- it's period, and played straight and it works. It doesn't need updating, it still rings incredibly true. Loved the musical underscores throughout, and the chilling opening. Go see it.

#70 peggs

peggs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:33 AM

View PostPharaoh, on 06 October 2012 - 09:36 PM, said:

I was exhausted by the end of watching this this afternoon, in a good way. It's excellent, and aren't we lucky to have 2 brilliant Ibsens on The Cut in the space of a few months? Very strong cast, though Sheridan Smith wasn't my stand out, good she was- Fenella Woolgar and Daniel Lapaine are mesmerising in this. Adrian Scarborough his wonderful self, lovely performance.

Anna Mackmin, the director, hasn't messed around with it- it's period, and played straight and it works. It doesn't need updating, it still rings incredibly true. Loved the musical underscores throughout, and the chilling opening. Go see it.

Great, I decided to risk the fact the possibility that after a matinee at the globe on thursday I might be a tad damp and have booked for this in the evening. I love Ibsen, so gloriously miserable at times and need to see a decent Hedda Gabler after seeing an am dram production which relegated everyone to 1 dimenisional characters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users