84 replies to this topic

#81 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1668 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

Enjoyed this despite the elderly audience around me wittering asides all the time and taking an age to get to their seats and tutting when I had to push past them to get to mine! (Mental note to self, Old Vic matinee not a good idea!)

AS was fab and I liked the baby naming sequence...thought Sheridan was marvellous at that point too. Thought Fenella Woolgar was magnificent, captured the obsessive panic of the character very well.
Good production all round. Enjoyed Sheridan but only won over near the end....I think I kept being distracted by the audience at vital moments when I should have been absorbed by the play!

#82 QuincyMD

QuincyMD

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

I guess we were at the same matinee yesterday.
Which way did he go McGill?

#83 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1668 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

View PostQuincyMD, on 01 November 2012 - 10:57 AM, said:

I guess we were at the same matinee yesterday.
I had a lovely row E cetntre stalls ticket (a rare full price expensive ticket as a half term treat!), right down from the man who couldn't stop coughing for about a minute in the first half and just in front of the lady who had to leave mid way through the first half as she felt unwell....after quite protracted discussions!

#84 QuincyMD

QuincyMD

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

I was up in the Baylis and actually saw the lady leave half way through the first act - thought she was just off for a wee.
Which way did he go McGill?

#85 luce66

luce66

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

Went to see the final show on Saturday and really enjoyed it. I'd seen it very early on in the run, but it was so much better the second time round. I enjoyed Sheridan's performance so much more. There really isn't anything she can't do! I felt I understood the character a lot more and what she was going through.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users