44 replies to this topic

#1 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:32 PM

schedule has been announced here if anyone needs to plan their weekend.

#2 MS1995

MS1995

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:49 PM

Does anyone know what time it is sensible to get down there as i dont want to turn up at 11 and find i cant get anywhere near the stage!
2002: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
2004: Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
2008: Mamma Mia
2009: Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, The Woman In Black
2010: Wicked
2012: Wicked, Chicago, Legally Blonde, Ghost, Wizard Of Oz, Phantom Of The Opera (UK Tour), Matilda, Sweeney Todd, Taboo (Brixton), Wicked, Wicked
2013: Lift (Soho), The Book Of Mormon, Avenue Q (Off-Broadway), Newsies (Broadway), Wicked (Broadway), Pippin (Broadway), The Lion King.
PLANNED
2013: A Chorus Line, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, The Book Of Mormon, Wicked, We Will Rock You (UK Tour), Wicked (UK Tour), Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Wicked, Les Miserables, Wicked

#3 bex1210

bex1210

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:17 PM

We were there at 8 last year and were on the 2nd row but you can see from anywhere really in Trafalgar Square. Not going this year until a bit later, probably 10ish.

#4 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:21 PM

Yeah, you can just go in and out and they have big screens up both sides. Trafalgar Square is huge, there's plenty of space. :D

#5 Mark_21

Mark_21

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:03 PM

We get there around 9:15am last year and there wasn't that much of a que! Even when they let people in at 10am, it was fine and was able to stand that 3rd or 4th row from the stage! But as people have said above, the area is huge and last year had 2 huge screens... I wouldn't wait time, I won't be getting there until around 10am.
So far in the West End and Off-West End: Wicked, Sister Act, Priscilla, The Lion King, An Inspector Calls, La Cage Aux Folles, Legally Blonde, Waiting For Godot, Blood Brothers, Private Lives, Oliver!, Shirley Valentine, Sweet Charity, All my Sons, Hair, Mamma Mia, End of the Rainbow, Love Story, We Will Rock You, The Children's Hour, The Wizard of Oz, Ordinary Lives, Clybourne Park, Betty Blue Eyes, Thrill Me, Shrek The Musical, Kathy Griffin Live at the Palace, Luise Miller, Billy Elliot, Lend Me A Tenor, Much Ado About Nothing, Park Avenue Cat, Ghost The Musical, The Phantom of the Opera, Love Never Dies, Les Miserables, Jersey Boys, Betwixt, Rock of Ages, A Round-Heeled Woman, Crazy For You, Masterclass, Absent Friends, Sex with a Stranger, After The Turn, The Awkward Squad, All New People, Hay Fever, Soul Sister, Bird's of a Feather UK Tour, Steel Magnolias UK Tour, The Duchess of Malfi, The Sunshine Boys, Noises Off, What the Butler Saw, South Downs/The Browning Version, Sweeney Todd, Long Day's Journey into Night, War Horse, One Man, Two Guvnors, Abigail's Party, Matilda, London Road, Jumpy, Looserville The Musical, Scrooge The Musical, 9 to 5 UK Tour, My Fair Lady...

2013: 9 to 5 The Musical (UK Tour), The Rocky Horror Show (UK Tour), Kiss Me Kate, The Book of Mormon, The Bodyguard, Quartermaine's Terms (Understudy Run), The Judas Kiss, The Bodyguard, The Winslow Boy, Top Hat, The Bodyguard, Ghost The Musical (UK Tour), Singin' in the Rain, Merrily We Roll Along, The Bodyguard, A Chorus Line, Passion Play, The Audience, Passion Play, The Bodyguard, Sweet Bird of Youth, The Bodyguard, Once...

#6 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:35 PM

Oh I was thinking of turning up about 1pm!  Is there a point where they move people away?  I know its free but surely there must be a numbers limit

#7 stevepearman

stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:50 PM

Pretty sure you will get to see. Only thing is, most of the popular shows are on between 10:30-2:30

#8 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:41 AM

View Postcraftymiss, on 17 June 2012 - 04:35 PM, said:

Oh I was thinking of turning up about 1pm!  Is there a point where they move people away?  I know its free but surely there must be a numbers limit

It is such a huge space I don't think they ever reach the point of having to turn people away. I didn't see that happen at all last year.
People come & go all day, so its quite fluid. We spent the morning there last year, went off for some lunch & then went back and could see fine both times. Obviously this won't work if you feel you must be right at the front but I'm sure you can turn up anytime.
But check the performance schedule so you don;t miss your favourites (see link in first post).

The weather may dictate how long people stay too - has anyone seen a forecast for saturday?

#9 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:42 AM

View Poststevepearman, on 17 June 2012 - 05:50 PM, said:

Pretty sure you will get to see. Only thing is, most of the popular shows are on between 10:30-2:30

It starts at 11am! (noon on Sunday)

#10 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:01 AM

Yeah, people just come and go, there's loads of room.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users