44 replies to this topic

#11 ollyd24

ollyd24

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:08 PM

i was thinking about goin just to see wicked, wizard of oz and shrek! ive had a look on and the acts are only 15 minutes long which is like 3 songs per show! dont no if wana go now

#12 Musicals1248

Musicals1248

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:17 PM

In the past some haven't even been that. Wicked is often just one song. 3 songs is a lot!

#13 AnnT

AnnT

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:20 PM

It's free.  The huge shows of the West End theatre there to give a taster of these amazing shows.  I can't say enough good things about West End Live, I really can't.  I just love the whole thing.  Even through last years downpour through Jersey Boys, it's the most wonderful atmosphere.

(Yes, I'll be there!)

#14 bex1210

bex1210

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:04 PM

View Postcraftymiss, on 17 June 2012 - 04:35 PM, said:

Oh I was thinking of turning up about 1pm!  Is there a point where they move people away?  I know its free but surely there must be a numbers limit

People were just coming in and out last time. There's loads of space so I'm sure you'll get somewhere to stand where you can see well.

#15 jersey_girl

jersey_girl

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:59 AM

Can't wait for this weekend. Got there really early last year and was front row. On the saturday people who got there early were allowed to stay by the stage. They then let everyone else in at 10.
On the Sunday everyone had to queue.
I come from a distance so like to make sure im on the front lol, being short also I like to be able to see.
Love that so many shows are there this year.
Can't wait to see my boys though :)

#16 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:21 AM

View Postollyd24, on 18 June 2012 - 05:08 PM, said:

i was thinking about goin just to see wicked, wizard of oz and shrek! ive had a look on and the acts are only 15 minutes long which is like 3 songs per show! dont no if wana go now

Wicked was just Defying Gravity last year, but Rachel was incredible and it was worth it for that alone.  Quite often the performers do WE Live and their matinee, unless they have a time slot which means they have to send their understudy to do one of them.

#17 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:42 AM

Shrek is doing the rat tap number so Carley and some of the ensemble should be there.

From what I've heard Les Mis is bringing the complete company so i'm guessing they might do "One day more". Have also been told Sierra Boggess will be there (not sure if that is just a rumour though). In case she is I imagine she will be singing "I dreamt a dream".

#18 AnnT

AnnT

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:25 PM

Oh, wow re Les Mis rumour!  Wow wow.

Really can't wait now!

#19 Ghostmusicalfan

Ghostmusicalfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:07 AM

West End Live is the ultimate advertisement for musical theatre in the UK and beyond, and long may it continue.  I am glad they have stuck with Trafalgar Square this year as the revamped Leicester Square simply cannot cope with the huge and passionate crowds it now attracts.  I am only sorry that I can't be there due to work ties!
2013:

JANUARY: Peter Pan (Mcr Opera House), One Man Two Guvnors (Lowry), Of Mice and Men (Bolton Octagon), Moscow State Circus (Lowry)
FEBRUARY: Priscilla (Mcr Opera House), Jethro (Lowry), Guinness World Records (Lowry), Peacock & Gamble (Lowry)
MARCH: Book of Mormon (LDN), Billy Elliot (LDN), Horrible Histories (Lowry), New Jersey Nights (Mcr Opera House), 8 out of 10 Cats (Media City), Hairspray (School Production), The Hollies (Lowry), Marti Pellow (Lowry), Sing-a-long a Grease (Lowry), Rocky Horror (Mcr Opera House)
APRIL: Ghost on Tour Cardiff x6, Ghost on Tour Wimbledon x1
MAY: Woman in Black (Lowry), Blues Brothers - Approved (Mcr Opera House), Ghost on Tour Edinburgh x3, Carnaby Street (Mcr Opera House)
JUNE: Omid Djalili (Lowry) Ghost on Tour Wolverhampton x2, Ghost on Tour Leeds x4, Sherlock Holmes (Mcr Opera House)
JULY:  Ghost on Tour Manchester x23, Joseph (Stockport Plaza), Rehearsal Space (Mcr Fringe), Countdown (Media City), Mastermind (Media City), Dave Grusin & Lee Ritenor (Mcr Fringe), Disney Live (Lowry), Momentous Musicals (Mcr Palace)
AUGUST:  Grease (Mcr Palace), Soul Sister (L'pool Empire), How to Succeed in Business (Lowry), Evita (Lowry), Ghost Nottingham, 9 to 5 (Mcr Opera House), NYMT West Side Story (Victoria Warehouse Mcr)
SEPTEMBER:  Blood Brothers (Lowry), Cabaret (Mcr Opera House), Ghost Bristol x2, Nina Conti (Lowry), Ghost Milton Keynes x4, Chicago (Oldham Coliseum), Once London
OCTOBER: Ghost Glasgow x3, The Illusionists (Mcr Apollo), Wicked (Mcr Palace), Rocky Horror (Wolverhampton), Stephen K Amoss (Lowry)
NOVEMBER: Ghost Southampton x2, Ghost is Dancing (Mayflower),Ghost Woking, Cabaret Fandangles (Kings Arms), War Horse (Lowry), Rent (Mcr Palace), Ghost Sunderland x2
DECEMBER: Ghost Birmingham x3

#20 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:32 PM

Sierra has cleared up the WEL rumour. She's not performing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users