253 replies to this topic

#1 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:51 AM

Without doubt the most exciting news I've had all year (I lead a sad life). Just booked for all 5... I don't know where I'm even going to be in December 2013, but at £10 it's worth securing a bit of what will no doubt become gold dust. Only annoyance is that at 1:30am the multi-buy disount did not work, meaning that I, in the heat of the moment, booked for everything under 2 orders, meaning an extra £10 booking fees. I might email and try and get a refund, but for what will no doubt be world class theatre,, even at £12 is pretty good value, and not bad seats either- row H Dress Circle, where the overhang doesn't affect the view in the Noel Coward.

Anyway folks, book up! I'm most looking forward to Judi Dench... is it a bit cheesy to say I've been waiting my whole life to see her on stage?

#2 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2092 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:33 AM

I think he could have made a bit more of an effort with the casting ;)

Sounds amazing!
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#3 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3393 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:40 AM

where did you book? its not on Delfonts site

#4 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:55 AM

Go to http://www.delfontma...tosh.co.uk/MGC/, and you can book. A few good £10 seats in back of stalls and circle (not many!), rest in slips and balcony.

#5 exuberantlyblue

exuberantlyblue

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:45 AM

I've booked for Peter and Alice even though I have no idea if I'll be in the country at that point. xD

For what it's worth, I've sat in row V of the stalls (the last row) before, and I remember the view being fine. So that's where I booked this time. £10! 10 bloody quid. Amazing.

#6 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1668 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:02 AM

Thanks Pharaoh, booked for all except Henry V as Jamie Parker has only recently wowed me with this and it's in Dec next year! Have booked back row stalls for all! Even booked for Midsummer Night's Dream which conjures up such bad memories from studying it at school that I have never seen it at theatre - if anyone can make it work for me it will be Grandage! Plus dear Sheridan!!!!

You are a star for alerting us!

#7 Angram

Angram

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:59 AM

And thanks from me too Pharaoh, have got £10 tickets for Privates, Peter & Alice and Inishmaan - there are still quite a few left. What a bargain.

#8 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:34 AM

Pleasure folks- I've opted for back row dress, simply because I've sat there beofre and the view's been great, so I know what I'm getting. Glad you've all got tickets, and at £10 each, who can complain? Has anyone managed to book for 5 and get the booking fees deducted? I'm not sure whether it's worth emailing and asking for mine to be refunded (since I have booked for all 5, albeit in 2 batches)?

#9 Kathryn2

Kathryn2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1255 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:39 AM

My payment keeps failing to go through! This is driving me barmy! The helpline doesn't open until 10am for problems with internet booking!

#10 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:43 AM

That's because you've booked all 5 in one go. For some reason, it won;t apply the discount. Booked them in 2 goes. It happened to me last night at midnight when I saw the season had been announced, and I persisted using around 5 different cards for an hour or so, and it would never process my payment. Then someone on twitter alerted me that it might be that I've booked all 5, so I tried booking in 2 goes and it worked fine. You don't get the discount, but at least you get the seats!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users