253 replies to this topic

#11 Kathryn2

Kathryn2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1244 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:53 AM

Oh, that's just annoying! I might see if I can get through to the helpline in five minutes, and get them to sort it out. if not I'll try again in 2 goes.

#12 Kathryn2

Kathryn2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1244 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:15 AM

Well, I'm now booked, and have reported the offer problem so they can investigate and sort it out. Lost the back of stalls seats for Peter and Alice so have gone for the balcony instead, got back of Royal Circle for Cripple of Inishmaan and row V stalls for the others.
For £50 for 5 plays you can't really go wrong!

#13 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:19 AM

Thanks muchly have picked up all 5 at 10, the back of the noel coward isnt a bad view, so delighted.
The selecting buy all 5 for no fee required a login that didnt work, but the booking fee was taken off at checkout :)

#14 Dragononmyback

Dragononmyback

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:32 AM

Is it just me or are others having problems with booking these. Whenever I select one of the plays to book. It only seems to be offering me 1 date to select from. Even though it says 1 of 88 or 1 of 78 etc a the top.

Can somebody help in telling me what I am doing wrong. Even if I use the filter it never seems to show me more than one date to pick for each play. Which looks like the first one. Tried two different browsers as well.

Thanks.

#15 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3742 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:36 AM

You've got to press next if it shows you only 1 date- think that's the problem.

I've emailed the box office to report the discount problem (and maybe get my money back...). Will let you know of the reply.

#16 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3742 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:37 AM

Well that was quick- they've refunded me. So brilliant customer service too, thank you.

#17 Polly1

Polly1

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:38 AM

Whilst I'm genuinely pleased for all of you die-hard theatre fans who've picked up cheap tickets, actually I think this is a bit of a con, or rather, a publicity gimmick - the cheap tickets will largely go to existing clued up theatre-goers such as yourselves (good) and touts who will make a killing on the back of the star casting (bad) so very few new audience members will be gained. Meanwhile, for those of us who don't mind forking out for a decent seat (yes, I admit to that), the non-premium price is £57.50 - outrageous. Having said that, nothing will keep me away from SRB with 'fruit on his head' (to quote Baz).

#18 Dragononmyback

Dragononmyback

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:45 AM

Thanks, finally managed to work it out now.

All sorted now.

Booked for all 5 at £10

#19 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3742 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:48 AM

They've got to balance it, and it is commercial. It's interesting because I know that for his Donmar West End season, which was priced at Donmar prices, the break even point was well over 90% of the house. Normally it's roughly 60-70%, maybe less. So I suppose the high stalls prices subsidise the £10 ones. Every play will sell out, I'm sure, just like the Donmar West End did. A publicity gimmick? Well it is the main point in Baz's article, so you could see it that way. Maybe they should have balanced it out and done £45, £35, £20 or something instead. Don;t know. But I'm v pleased nonetheless, esp since I have, in the past few weeks, been putting pennies aside to pay for a ticket to that 'rumour Dench/Whishaw play', thinking I'd have to pay at least £40 to see it, and I've got it for a tenner. Sure, it's not a premium seat or anything (though I note that there are premium seats at £85, that Baz was quiet about), but it's a good view nonetheless. The Noel Coward is quite a nice theatre, in the sense that its overhangs do not obstruct the view.

#20 Mark_E

Mark_E

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2345 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:53 AM

Trying to plan tickets this far in advance is difficult :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users