253 replies to this topic

#21 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:00 AM

I know- I don't know where I'll be for the later ones, or anything. Esp Henry V- Dec 2013. I'll be at a uni then, somewhere in the country (will have to make it London now :lol: ). But I thought I'd get the tickets, and it's more likely I'd be able to make it than not. And I'm sure they'll sell out so returns won't be too much of an issue.

#22 itsuckstobeme

itsuckstobeme

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:03 AM

Michael Grandage is launching his new production company in grand style later this year with a residency of five productions at the Noel Coward theatre, starring a who’s who of the contemporary British stage. And David Walliams.

#23 dunkley

dunkley

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:39 AM

I'm with Polly here, making the less good seats a tenner and then whacking up the price of every seat within 20 metres of the stage to £59.50 (inc booking fee) isn't a revolution.

Checking the seating plans when they first went onsale there's about fifty £10 seats unaccounted for, which I'm guessing will be in the stalls, but they aren't available to buy online. Will they be dayseats so they get great big attention grabbing queues overnight? Or will they be released somewhere down the line? It would have been nice if some of them had gone online too.

Still, brilliant casting. Dench and Whishaw are my dream pairing so I've sold my first born child and paid full whack for them. The rest I'll wait and see about.

#24 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:47 AM

I dont think the main stalls seats are that outrageously priced, compared with other westend productions, especially given the 'big names'. That the back of the stalls is a tenner is an absolute gift to us regulars absolutely(and these were available online dunkley).
2nd price at £27.50 is pretty good value too when many shows are now £40 in the upper circle.

And the number of premium seats seems a bit lower than other recent productions to - though obviously £85 really is outrageous.

There were plenty of families in the £10 balcony seats for the donmar westend season, I remember being happy about that at the time. Hopefully the same will happen with these.

#25 Mark_E

Mark_E

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2345 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:51 AM

Booked two tickets for each play. H14-15 dress circle for two of them and H15-16 for the other three.

#26 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:52 AM

Same Mark. I'm sure it'll be worth it.

#27 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:01 AM

I don't think I ever booked tickets 18 months in advance before :blink:

#28 Rooster Byron

Rooster Byron

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:11 AM

I think the 'missing' £10 seats will be standing tickets which are going on sale once the show has sold out.

#29 mallardo

mallardo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:17 AM

Like some others here I have no idea where I'll be next year so I can't book that far ahead.  There are always tickets, even for sellouts.  I did standing room for the Donmar Wyndhams season and that was just fine.
Excuse me if I seem jejune
I promise I'll find my marbles soon.

#30 Mark_E

Mark_E

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2345 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:35 AM

What dates are everyone going, maybe some of us have booked the same dates -
19 Jan for Privates on Parade
11 May for Peter and Alice