412 replies to this topic

#291 Mark_E

Mark_E

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2345 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:29 PM

Well as they say, it's not what you know it's who you know.

#292 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:21 AM

They are all talented, work hard, have a good reputation...plus have a famous aunt. Whats not to get?

Plus to be honest only Summer and Scarlet have had what id call success so far

#293 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:45 AM

True, yeah Zizi, however talented, is gonna have to live up to her sisters success. Plus, i met her once at stage door at Rock Of Ages and she didnt seem the nicest of girls

#294 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1305 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:04 PM

Well they have pretty amazing discipline and Bonnie as an Aunt... That's a lot of Showbiz !

#295 Mothers Younger Brother

Mothers Younger Brother

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:19 PM

Why are we discussing the Strallens after somebody makes an uncalled joke? This is a thread for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

i met her once at stage door at Rock Of Ages and she didnt seem the nicest of girls

Firstly, it's not her job to be nice at stage door. Secondly, what has that got to do with her talent? If we were going to discuss them at least make some relevant points.

#296 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:28 PM

What is it with the stage door thing, if the actors are not nice then they must be horrible and if they are nice to the fans at the stage door then they must be the sweetest people on earth.  Sure, some of them maybe lovely, some maybe horrible (just like any walk of life), but the stage door is not the real world and the person you meet is not reality. For many actors/performers is just another performance

#297 MusicalTalk

MusicalTalk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

And some of them just want to get home after work.  You wouldn't like to be hounded when you walk out of your place of work.

The Strallens I've met have been very professional, serious and sincere about what they do.  Good luck to all of them!
MusicalTalk - The UK's Musical Theatre Podcast
http://www.musicaltalk.co.uk

#298 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1305 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:29 PM

I feel sorry for the actors being accosted at stage door by tragic people with wipe down photos of them and marker pens. They must just want to go home after work

#299 stevepearman

stevepearman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

Maybe some, but some also like the applause, which also means they like the recognition at stage doors, and contact with the audience.

#300 Tina

Tina

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:25 PM

and back on topic............... I will be interested to see how they work the Oompa Loompa thing with fully grown actors, also interested, funnily enough, in the understudy list, not that I don't want to see the current cast as it is, but I find understudies generally do a better job of a role, perhaps they have more enthusiasm as it is a role they dont normally play
Chasing the music, trying to get home.......
Seeee ya George..... See ya sunshine.... w****nker!
I hate you! You're a b*stard! ..... Ohhhhhh sh*t!
I've seen the real world from my caravan window...... and they can keep it!

West End: - Jersey Boys x 179 - Billy Elliot x 52 - All The Fun Of The Fair x 40 - WWRY x 7 - Charlie & The Chocolate Factory x 6 - Rock Of Ages x 6 - Legally Blonde x 6 - Avenue Q x 5  -  Mamma Mia x 5 - Les Miserables x 3 - Oliver! x 3 - Dirty Dancing x 3 - Book Of Mormon x 2 - The Commitments x 2 - Blood Brothers x 2 - Priscilla: Queen Of The Desert x 2 - Dreamboats & Petticoats x 2 - The Fantasticks x 1 - Grease x 1 - Thriller: Live x 1 - Shout x 1 - Wet Weather Cover x 1 - The Woman In Black x 1 - Tap Dogs x 1 - Sister Act x 1 - Wicked x 1 - Hamlet x 1 - Flashdance x 1 - Love Never Dies x 1 - Shrek: The Musical x 1 - Ghost Stories x 1 - Lend Me A Tenor x 1 - Ghost: The Musical x 1 - Cool Hand Luke x 1 - Backbeat x 1 - Crazy For You x 1 - Singing In The Rain x 1 - Our Boys x 1 - Seussical x 1 - Tailor Made Man x 1 - Merrily We Roll Along x 1 - Once: The Musical x 1 - I Can't Sing x 1

Broadway: - Jersey Boys x 2 - Anything Goes x 1 - Priscilla QOTD x 1 - Memphis x 1 - Mary Poppins x 1

Off Broadway: - Rent x 1 - Avenue Q x 1

Fringe: - Bent x 2 - Bright Lights, Big City x 1 - Salad Days x 1 - Ordinary Days x 1 - Company x 1 - Thrill Me x 2 (1 x Tristan Bates, 1 x New Players/Charing X Theatre) - Jest End x 1 - Doctor Faustus x 1 - Bewitched, Bothered & Bewildered x 1 - The Hothouse x 1

Tour: - Evita x 2 (Bromley) - Blood Brothers x 1 (Coventry) - Monkee Business x 1 (Manchester) - Jesus Christ Superstar (O2 London) x 1

Regional: - Sound Of Music (Stevenage) x 1 - Cinderella (Liverpool) x 1 - Aladdin (Milton Keynes) x 1 - Cinderella (Watford) x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users