412 replies to this topic

#331 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1407 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

I want to see how they do Violet Beauregarde, I imagine it'll probably be an inflatable suit. The others like Mike Teevee and Veruca Salt should be doable on the stage.

#332 Anthony

Anthony

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, film, travel, reading, walking

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:07 PM

View PostTitan, on 22 April 2013 - 01:30 PM, said:

One article I read mentioned they wouldnt be doing the chocolate river I think, but im not 100% sure on that.

Im pretty sure I did read they were going down the squirral route

But they have to have the river because Willy Wonka explains the waterfall into the river is how the liquid chocolate is churned, plus there's the whole Augustus Gloop drinking out of it and falling in, not to mention the boat ride.

And the squirrel route (which personally I'm pleased about) I appreciate for the squirrels en mass they can use robotics/animatronics, even to drag Veruca down the bad nut shoot however what about the one that leaps onto her and knocks at her head to determine if she's a bad nut?

Violet Beuregard (I'm not sure I've spelt that right)- definitely an inflatable fat suit. Mike Teevee will be interesting to see . The Oompa Loompas- discussed to death and the glass elevator.
Don't we get to be happy? At some point down the line, don't we get to relax without some new tsuris to push me yet further from you!

Who dare tell the lambs in Spring what fate the later season brings?

#333 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1306 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:46 PM

They gave said that all those moments will be in the show... Some things are nigh impossible to stage... A chocolate river being one if them. Lets wait and see how it's all done !

#334 MrBarnaby

MrBarnaby

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1306 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:46 PM

Have

#335 Alexandra

Alexandra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1779 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:52 AM

So, those of you who are knowledgeable about the Drury Lane - if you were taking an 11 year old and you were offered seats A 19 and 20 or E 3 and 4, which would you go for? It looks as if the seating slants in towards the front so 3 and 4 wouldn't be quite so far to the side as they sound. I do like the front but second row is just a bit too close for this, no?

#336 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:50 AM

A would be a bit close for me, and we dont know how high the stage is yet, it may be higher for this production, but theatre monkey is great

http://www.theatremo...LANEbooking.htm

#337 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3398 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:54 AM

Ive sat second row and the view was perfect as the stage is low plus theres the pit between you and the stage.  The only risk you run is if they make the stage higher for Charlie, and that you wont know until it opens

#338 theatreliker

theatreliker

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:54 PM

Apparently they're doing a try-out run for this at the Derby Assembly Rooms for a week beforehand - full set and everything.

Just kidding.
2014 theatre: Blithe Spirit (Gielgud)  Booked: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Savoy)  Waterbabies (Curve)  View from the Bridge (Young Vic)  Birdland (Royal Court).

#339 Alexandra

Alexandra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1779 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:33 PM

Thanks Mr T and Titan.

#340 Warmington

Warmington

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:51 AM

View PostAlexandra, on 01 May 2013 - 09:52 AM, said:

So, those of you who are knowledgeable about the Drury Lane - if you were taking an 11 year old and you were offered seats A 19 and 20 or E 3 and 4, which would you go for? It looks as if the seating slants in towards the front so 3 and 4 wouldn't be quite so far to the side as they sound. I do like the front but second row is just a bit too close for this, no?

I've sat very close to those seats in row A for Shrek - loved it.  My daughter is 12 and found the seats perfect because nobody was in front of her and the rake is not great in front stalls.  The stage is very low and we actually felt part of the show.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users