#1 kjb

kjb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:46 PM

Hi

As a regular attendee at the Courtyard theatre, I got to know which seats were sold as 'restricted view' but really weren't.  Circle B 50 / B24 being two of them.

It looks like B53 / B31 are the corresponding 'cheap seats's in the RST.  Has anyone sat in these?  What is the view like?

Do you know of any particularly good value seats at the RST & Swan?
Thanks

kjb

#2 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:02 PM

G35, 36, 48, 49 stalls. 2 pairs of seats, no armrests and not that comfy (but loads of legroom), but the view is that of a premium seat. They're priced at band C I think.

#3 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:30 PM

Yes, I sat in one of those the first time I sat in the RST, splendid (plus if you carry a bag and like the idea of keeping it with you there's plenty of space next to you to store it). But as Pharoah II said a minute ago, they are not that comfortable.

You pay for what you get, I guess :-)

#4 kjb

kjb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:08 PM

Thanks.  Those seats are already sold for the date I can go. but I'll definitely bear them in mind for the future.

B32 in the circle is available for the princely sum of £12. It's got to be worth a shot, surely.

#5 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5144 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:28 PM

Bear in mind it isn't a circle, it is a square so 32 could be right in the corner and you would be looking at bakcs of actors though they tend to walk around a lot. Also upstairs at the Courtyard is a tad vertigo ish, well for me anyway. You will have to lean over those in Row A a teeny bit. but basically, yes you get what you pay for and the whole theatre has an intimate feel despite the size.

#6 Cathryn

Cathryn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Interests:Fringe, drama, Shakespeare, green politics

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:46 PM

Last weekend I saw Richard III and King John from the middle of the front of the gallery, and was pleasantly surprised at how close I was to the stage.  (A25 and A28 I think).  Good value for £22

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users