• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#11 cam.potts

cam.potts

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:56 PM

I had a fantastic week at the Haymarket in June 2008, working on Marguerite. I was 17. I know that the Haymarket take under 18s. I wrote to the Theatre Manager, and ended up working with Box office, stage, lx, front of house and managerial staff. It's worth a try. As we say up north, Shy Bairns Get Nowt!

C

#12 David

David

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE(meerkat @ Mar 29 2009, 02:45 PM) View Post
Just remembered somrthing important!
With all the best intentions ( albeit naive) I emailed one theatre on her behalf to help speed up the process and got the reply that she would now not be considered as the contacting was all part of the experience- which was fair enough-

That seems somewhat unfair; what if your daughter had been unaware that you were contacting them?

#13 theatreandfun

theatreandfun

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:33 PM

Hiya,  smile.gif

I have a fifteen year old in my family who is looking for Manchester theatre Work Experience. She is equally interested in backstage work. She's a good all rounder (even likes Maths!) and has done some lighting for the theatre. She naturally attends an out of school drama club but would be interested in any valid theatre associated work experience. She needs a two week placement in September (7-18) in a workplace with insurance cover.

She has tried all the usual suspects in Manchester to no avail.

Any suggestions for possibilities in the Manchester area would be gratefully received!

#14 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:56 PM

My advice is try ringing the education director of each theatre - as they will usually be the ones who offer work expereince

Try Bolton Octagon - they are always friendly as are the Oldham Colesium, The Library Theatre also offer a good work experience scheme - it could be though that they are already full hence why you have had no luck...also try more fringe style venues like the Green Room.
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users