17 replies to this topic

#1 Rain

Rain

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 10:36 AM

I have recently seen Katie perform as Christine in Phantom of the Opera and thought she was amazing!

So talented for someone so young. Her voice was very impressive. wink.gif
Has anyone else seen her?

#2 Guest_Guest 9037_*

Guest_Guest 9037_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2009 - 11:28 AM

When I saw her it was only about her third time playing the role.
She definitely has a lovely voice, especially considering she's only 18, but I thought her acting needed a LOT of work. (In particular during Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again, she resembled a moody teenager throwing a strop for not getting her way...)
However, I have since heard many good reports of her performance, so I'm sure she's worked hard and got a lot better. Her voice is beautiful, and I hope I get to see her again to see her improvement!

#3 Guest_muzz33r_*

Guest_muzz33r_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:12 PM

i saw katie as christine today and i thought she was amazing i was so impressed with the whole show but for me her performance stood out a mile. I believe she has a big future ahead her and i would love for her to step up from the understudy

#4 Guest_vaguely know her_*

Guest_vaguely know her_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE(muzz33r @ Feb 3 2009, 10:12 PM) View Post
i saw katie as christine today and i thought she was amazing i was so impressed with the whole show but for me her performance stood out a mile. I believe she has a big future ahead her and i would love for her to step up from the understudy

My daughter went to school with her and sounds like her voice is much improved since then - good on you Katie for making your dream come true!

#5 Rain

Rain

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE(muzz33r @ Feb 3 2009, 11:12 PM) View Post

Very delayed response but that's what my family thought as well when I took them to the show smile.gif

#6 Rain

Rain

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:35 PM

Interesting news about Katie getting Cosette!

I think it's a good choice smile.gif

#7 Rain

Rain

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 05:49 PM

Has anyone seen Katie as Cosette? I haven't managed to yet. I understand she's performing in the tour.

#8 curzon

curzon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE(Rain @ Jan 8 2010, 05:49 PM) View Post
Has anyone seen Katie as Cosette? I haven't managed to yet. I understand she's performing in the tour.

She did very well (in what is by far the most underwritten role in the show).
An odd detail was that she was not dressed in black despite Hugo referring several times to her black dress.

Seb

#9 efg

efg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE(curzon @ Jan 9 2010, 02:20 PM) View Post
She did very well (in what is by far the most underwritten role in the show).
An odd detail was that she was not dressed in black despite Hugo referring several times to her black dress.

Seb

i quite like that shes not in black! in parts the novel i believe she often dresses in quite colourful preety dresses, and i think the traditional black makes her look much less vibrant a character, although i suppose it suits the origonal production better!

#10 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 12:29 AM

I thought she was one of the best Cosette's I have ever seen! There was a great adolescent naivety to her portrayal which I think worked really well!
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users