#11 Moley

Moley

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, Gigs, Travelling

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:07 AM

Excited that it is starting off in Edinburgh.  Will be a nice change to get to see a show first!  Aberdeen is a large theatre and seems to be getting more of the big touring shows now as well.  It's not too far away from me either so might go see Cats twice.

#12 SimonAitken

SimonAitken

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:32 AM

Edinburgh!!! I'm just a few hours out from there, it is indeed a nice change to see a huge show like CATS premiering a tour in Scotland of all places! Any news on when the tickets go on sale?

#13 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3375 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:35 AM

I always find it odd tours don't announce everything in one go.  Wolverhampton has been on sale for maybe a month now, yet only now do they make an official announcement.  I hope its a rethought out tour as the last one was considerably downsized and tired

#14 mystifyre

mystifyre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:51 PM

Tickets go on sale the 8th August, I believe. I saw a touring production of Cats back in 2007 and it was brilliant so I'm totally up for seeing it again. Anyone heard of any cast members being announced or is it too early to say?

#15 Gustave

Gustave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:13 PM

Casting is believed to be starting in October.

Set - I'd imagine it'll be the touring set that first went out in 2003.

#16 SimonAitken

SimonAitken

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:23 PM

Tickets are on sale now! Gonna try and book this weekened, why is there a matt performance on the opening day of the tour? Seems a little odd, guess the 7:30 performance will be considered as the official opening performance of the tour.

#17 mystifyre

mystifyre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:38 PM

I've bought my tickets! I'm looking forward to hearing who has been cast. I just watched the DVD last night and I really love that cast. I've always thought John Partridge played a brilliant Rum Tum Tugger and Veerle Castelyn was a beautiful Jemima. Elaine Paige was amazing as Grizabella.

For the touring cast, I'm not sure which actors I'd like to see play what roles. What about everyone else?

#18 ABowlerHat

ABowlerHat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:24 PM

View Postmystifyre, on 26 August 2012 - 05:38 PM, said:

I've bought my tickets! I'm looking forward to hearing who has been cast. I just watched the DVD last night and I really love that cast. I've always thought John Partridge played a brilliant Rum Tum Tugger and Veerle Castelyn was a beautiful Jemima. Elaine Paige was amazing as Grizabella.

For the touring cast, I'm not sure which actors I'd like to see play what roles. What about everyone else?

I think wishful thinking is an understatement for Elaine Paige as Grizabella.

#19 Vicky

Vicky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:36 AM

Still nothing further south :(

#20 mystifyre

mystifyre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

Actress Emma Harris posted this Edinburgh Playhouse poster the other day. Do you think she has been cast as Victoria for the tour?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users