Caz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, walking around London

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:12 PM

Hi Everybody,

For anyone that is interested, Great Expectations will be on at the Richmond Theatre (never been to this one) for just 3 days in September before it goes into the West End.

A question.... has ATG theatres put up there prices for tickets ??, l bought 2 tickets, one for above and cabaret at the savoy and was charged £5 each for booking fee and web transaction.... seems rather steep to me!

Best wishes
Caz

#2 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3742 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

This will open at the Vaudeville after Uncle Vanya (which has shortened its run by a couple of weeks). First preview 1st Feb, booking 'til 1st June.

http://www.greatexpe...onstheshow.com/

I've seen the prices and it's very expensive. £58.50, £53 in stalls with £79 premiums. Cheapest are £27.50 in the upper circle.

It's got quite good reviews on tour, including a 5* rave from our very own Latecomer- http://www.thepublic...erside-theatre/

However I'm not sure how well it'll do in town. Perhaps the recent film will boost business?

#3 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1662 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

View PostPharaoh, on 11 December 2012 - 02:41 PM, said:

This will open at the Vaudeville after Uncle Vanya (which has shortend its run by a couple of weeks). First preview 1st Feb, booking 'til 1st June.

http://www.greatexpe...onstheshow.com/

I've seen the prices and it's very expensive. £58.50, £53 in stalls with £79 premiums. Cheapest are £27.50 in the upper circle.

It's got quite good reviews on tour, including a 5* rave from our very own Latecomer- http://www.thepublic...erside-theatre/

However I'm not sure how well it'll do in town. Perhaps the recent film will boost business?

It was great fun but I wouldn't shell out those sort of prices to be honest! Was nearer £20 in Aylesbury!

#4 young offender

young offender

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:56 PM

So this is now closing at Easter. I suspect that ticket sales have been closely correlated with the level of discussion here. Nobody was remotely interested in a touring show with no star names coming off the back of umpteen TV and film adaptations.

The producers blame 'the financial climate'. If things are so bad for West End plays, how come Peter & Alice has sold out its whole run at full price before press night? I don't see The Audience, Quartermaine's Terms, Old Times, etc, closing early, with some 'premium' seats nearing £100. Put on an interesting show with A-list names and people seem as willing as ever to pay West End prices.

#5 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2519 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

Yes, it might have benefited from more appeal to the cat-owning saternity.

#6 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:23 PM

I assume  that if you buy the £12 Lastminute tickets, you've got a pretty good chance of being upgraded to the dress circle at least. But, at the risk of repeating the entire Chorus Line thread, who on earth is going to pay full price for it?

#7 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3742 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

The producers, in their statement, have said

"The current financial climate has made producing independently in the commercial sector even harder despite our 90% audience approval rating."

How is an audience approval rating measured??

#8 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2073 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:03 PM

Survey presumably.
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#9 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3742 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

Well I never got a survey when I went.

I thought it was ok- a good set and lighting, but dramatically messy and a little bit dull....

#10 theatreliker

theatreliker

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:59 PM

Maybe they count the audience members who are clapping.
2014 theatre: Blithe Spirit (Gielgud)  Booked: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Savoy)  Waterbabies (Curve)  View from the Bridge (Young Vic)  Birdland (Royal Court).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users