5 replies to this topic

#1 TheatreMad123

TheatreMad123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:35 PM

Dear All,

I have heard some rumblings recently that the Finborough sell-out Drama At Inish starring Celia Imrie, Paul O' Grady, Juliet Cadzow and a wonderful young Irish actor, Anthony Delaney et al was in talks to transfer to the West End. Do any of you out there happen to know if there is any truth in this?

It was a fantastic little Irish play by Lennox Robinson, which I hadn't seen/heard of before, and was sold out before it even opened, but what a gem it was! A real light hearted comedy, perfect for a good old laugh.

I wanted to see this again at the Finborough, but alas, I was lucky to even get a ticket to go once, so it would be great to see it again in the West End. It thoroughly deserves to transfer.

Does anybody know any details on this?

Thank you all!

TM

#2 paultheatre

paultheatre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:39 PM

You sound like a producer of the show/involved in some way...

#3 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3752 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:51 PM

No, I didn't even know it had taken place originally. Had to google it, to check you weren't joking about that cast in the Finborough!

#4 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5142 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:18 PM

It's the paragraphs, dead give away, TM

#5 TheatreMad123

TheatreMad123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:18 AM

Hi All,

Gosh, no, not involved at all, I'm afraid, though I do go to the Finborough quite a bit. I am but merely a teacher, but avid theatre goer. It was just something I spotted on twitter that caused me to ask. Perhaps I should pay less attention to twitter. As for the paragraphs...as you can see, already irradicated :) I'm still learning.

#6 dude-1981

dude-1981

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:58 PM

I saw this.  It was fun.  Was the Sunday and Monday play.  Paul O' Grady wasn't announced as being in the cast, he had a very small part and when he came on, I kind of squinted a bit and glanced at my associate and it wasn't until he and Celia Imrie took a little solo bow at the end that I was 100% sure.

I also heard the rumours about this going into the West End.  Apparently they needed to raise x amount by x and the slot was theirs.  It was the slot taken by A Round Heeled Woman (or something similar.)  I would think there is no chance of it now though.  (It could possibly go to the St James I suppose, might be announced on Friday, you never know.

By the way, in this story, x was A LOT of money.  And I can't possibly have seen how it would have ever made it back.  Round Heeled Woman was on last minute for £3 + BF I do believe.
If, for some strange reason you care what I've seen, it's all here:

http://pcchan1981.livejournal.com/

Also tagged with Celia Imrie, Paul O Grady, Anthony Delaney, Juliet Cadzow, Fidelis Morgan, Finborough, West End

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users