4 replies to this topic

#1 JIJane

JIJane

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 09:26 AM

What is the best place to buy ticket gift vouchers for theatre events? Ticketmaster, Theatre tokens, London official theatre? Urgent query! Thanks!

#2 musicmancjay

musicmancjay

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 09:50 AM

QUOTE(JIJane @ Mar 8 2007, 09:26 AM) View Post
What is the best place to buy ticket gift vouchers for theatre events? Ticketmaster, Theatre tokens, London official theatre? Urgent query! Thanks!

Theatre Tokens are the best ones to go for I'd suggest because they are the most widely accepted.

Waterstones, WHSmiths and any of the theatres that accept them will sell them.
"Just when he should have been lying, he's telling the truth!"

#3 clair

clair

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 08:49 AM

Thatre tokens from SOLT are best as widely accepted. DON'T go with london theatre direct as the service charges are ridiculous - worse than ticketmaster!!

#4 Biddy

Biddy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 04:09 PM

Theatre Tokens (which are run by SOLT) - usable at hundreds of venues around the country, not just in London -
AND usable at Tkts!!!

And nowadays I gather they can be used over the phone (for some venues &/or some Agencies at least) -
though I've not yet tried that.

And venues should be able to give change (in Tokens, minimum value 1) - or maybe in cash if only 50p.
(I once had about 2.50 change in cash from Tkts - though maybe that was a one-off.)

And there's no service charge, except 1 for p&p if ordering online rather than buying at a venue.

(At the moment, there are optional gift boxes available at 35 or 55, containing tokens worth 30/50 & a CD of show-songs -
though the website doesn't name the individual singers, so I personally would rather skip the box & have the extra 5 in Tokens!)

#5 Paul

Paul

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE(Biddy @ Mar 11 2007, 04:09 PM) View Post
And nowadays I gather they can be used over the phone (for some venues &/or some Agencies at least) -
though I've not yet tried that.

Delfont Mackintosh theatres take reservations by phone if you will then post the vouchers to them quickly.
It's nice to be better, but it's better to be nice...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users