Well priced, too.

#23 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:02 AM

Yes. Sensible pricing, is the tide finally starting to turn in that regard? *crosses fingers*.

Really pleased it's coming in, am already looking forward to seeing it again. Does this mean Morahan can be nominated for (and win) the Olivier next year?

#24 DrP

DrP

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:22 AM

Ugh what have they done to the poster? Nora looks like she's being nagged by the kids on a rubbish holiday in the lake district

#25 popcultureboy

popcultureboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:42 AM

Row B of the stalls seems to be £10 for the entire 12 week run! That is pretty amazing.

#26 Boob

Boob

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:43 AM

View Postpopcultureboy, on 17 May 2013 - 09:02 AM, said:

Yes. Sensible pricing, is the tide finally starting to turn in that regard? *crosses fingers*.

Really pleased it's coming in, am already looking forward to seeing it again. Does this mean Morahan can be nominated for (and win) the Olivier next year?

Although the premium seats are mighty expensive...

She won't be eligible for next year's Olivier Awards, having already played that role in the same production in an eligible theatre.

#27 Nicholas

Nicholas

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:00 PM

I'd really urge everyone who missed it the first time (and anyone who saw it) to see this (again).

#28 zyx123

zyx123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:15 PM

Isn't it a bit strange to put it on Digital Theatre before transferring it? I missed this at the Young Vic so I watched it on Digital Theatre as I wanted to compare it to the current production at the Royal Exchange (Cush Jumbo is fantastic as usual).

#29 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5140 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:52 PM

View PostNicholas, on 17 May 2013 - 12:00 PM, said:

I'd really urge everyone who missed it the first time (and anyone who saw it) to see this (again).
OK, OK, I booked already..

#30 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2522 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:22 PM

View PostWhenindisgrace, on 27 February 2012 - 12:44 PM, said:

The Young Vic's put on some fantastic stuff in the past year or so, but I can't help feeling that A Doll's House and Three Sisters are as unadventurous a choice of plays as you could put on, even if Simon Stephens is involved in the former and Benedict Andrews in the latter. Ian MacNeil is doing the Doll's House set and they promise or threaten us with 'A Doll's House for the 21st century'. Perhaps I'm just getting old.

There are a lot of great playwrights from that era whose work is rarely if ever done, or who have major plays unperformed for ages: Strindberg, Schnitzler, Hauptmann, Claudel.

View PostReich, on 27 February 2012 - 09:07 PM, said:

Two classics back to back is all a bit safe isn't it? They gave us Hamlet when London must of had at least 300 playing at anyone time 2010 / 2011 season! Welcome to the season of safe programming Posted Image ... NT will give us steptoe and son, RSC Loose woman the musical! & ENO Starlight Express ....

View Postdude-1981, on 28 February 2012 - 12:51 PM, said:

I booked for both, haven't seen either although I studied A Doll's House at school.

I did think when they were announced that it was pretty conservative booking. I could understand one of them and then something a little more leftfield but not both. Not really what I think we look at the YV to be doing.

View PostSchuttep, on 28 February 2012 - 02:25 PM, said:

Me too.

Classics with a twist. Yawn!

Glad that most people seem not to agree with these naysayers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users