7 replies to this topic

#1 Rozzi Rainbow

Rozzi Rainbow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:36 PM

I am a bit late with posting this, but I went to see Bohemian Rhapsody last Saturday in Newcastle and it was brilliant :) It was a celebration of Queen music, so no storyline like WWRY. As a WWRY fan rather than a Queen fan (bit before my time) it took me a while to get into as it seemed like WWRY in the wrong order and without the script, but after a couple of songs I really got into it. The muscial arrangements seemed the same as WWRY with the male and female vocals, other than Rachel Wooding singing It's a Kind of Magic as a solo. She was amazing and stole the show for me. Other WWRY ex-cast in the show were Lucinda Shaw and Andrew Derbyshire (Sabrina Aloueche pulled out), and the rest of the cast were Jonathan Ansell, Simon Bowman, Duncan Heather (who after seeing him in this, I think would be fab in WWRY), Victoria Hamilton-Barritt and Erin Cornell. It was nice for me to hear Queen songs other than those in WWRY, including the original Radio GaGa lyrics, and the cast even got a well deserved standing ovation for Barcelona at the end of Act One! It's a shame it's not doing more of a UK tour (I think there are a couple more dates, but in the South) as I'd have liked to have seen it again.
"Seek salvation in the place of living rock.
A bright bright star will show the way.
Go to where the champions played."

#2 peggy sue

peggy sue

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:01 PM

I saw the show on the opening night on Wednesday and I agree it was a brilliant show. I thought Rachael Wooding was impressive. Jonathan Ansell well deserved the standing ovation for Barcelona. For me Andrew Derbyshire was the weakest link and wasn't impressed by his stripping off! I hadn't heard or seen Duncan Heather before but thought he was brilliant and will definately be watching out for anything he does in the future. Overall the whole cast gave mostly an excellent performance and would love to see the show again if it does get a full scale UK tour.

#3 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:56 AM

<_<

#4 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:38 PM

these guys are fast becomming the joke of the industry! look at the trouble they're causing on twitter. they even called anne vosser a troll. fronted by nathan james (who cast all his pretty mates who are out of work surprisingly). i shant be seeing this. ps- if anyone from bo rhap tour reads this, or if a fan does, pass this message on. HAVE SOME RESPECT FOR THOSE WHO HAVE AND ARE CONTRIBUTING TOWARDS THE THEATRE INDUSTRY. Anne vosser is in a different league to this tottle of a show.

#5 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3376 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

What trouble on twitter?

#6 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

Oh just seen his tweets, silly man!!

#7 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

he tweeted from bohemian rhapsody and his own account.. anne vosser was joking with amy diamond saying the male dancers weren't fit, and nathan decided to tweet her saying she was a troll.

#8 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3376 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:34 PM

All seems a bit petty on both sides but then nathan james is an arrogant attention seeker so no real surprises there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users