1187 replies to this topic

#1131 Rozzi Rainbow

Rozzi Rainbow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:31 PM

I wanted to go today aswell to see Ross and Tim but I am also ill :( Hope you soon feel better Cat!

I love the pic Ross posted on Twitter, I hardly recognied him!

Hopefully I'll be able to go soon, although according to the other thread announcing it's closing, I won't have long. Does anyone know if this is just confirmation of the mentioned transfer to the Duchess? Or at the moment is it just closing with no further plans confirmed? I feel sorry for the cast if this is the case, especially those who have just started, and especially Ross as this happened to him in Legally Blonde!
"Seek salvation in the place of living rock.
A bright bright star will show the way.
Go to where the champions played."

#1132 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:12 PM

Don't think anything has been officially announced, but it's been fairly openly known the show wasn't going to continue at The Shaftesbury.

#1133 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:37 PM

Talking to some of the cast these past couple of weeks, they seem pretty certain of the move. But I guess anything can happen.

#1134 Its_Emily

Its_Emily

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:Dancing

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:54 PM

Just noticed that on the shaftesbury theatre rather than the ROA's one they have a new page with the merchandise on, and pictures of Scarlette and Sandy modeling it, if anyone's interested: http://www.shaftesbu...com/merchandise :)

Also on the ROA sight they seemed to have removed most of the show photos (unless this is my computer being weird) maybe making room for new ones to be uploaded? Also I'd never noticed the gallery from west end live 2011 on there, new as well?
Ex - Joseph Chorus Member (UK Tour June 2005- September 2006). I have seen: Joseph, Cats, Starlight Express (x2), Grease (x2),  Ghost The Musical (x2) The Rocky Horror Show, Beauty and the Beast, Rock Of Ages (x2), We Will Rock You (x2) and a ridiculous amount of pantomimes

#1135 Vicky

Vicky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:02 PM

I've just read on Twitter, that it closes at Shaftesbury on 6 Jan, and re-opens at another theatre on 18 Jan.

#1136 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:22 PM

Aww. Those photos are cool! I love the ones in the old programmes of Oli & Amy T modelling!

#1137 paultheatre

paultheatre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:54 AM

Looking fwd to seeing this in a smaller venue: wonder if cast will stay same?

#1138 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:38 AM

Do we need another topic?

#1139 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:43 AM

There's a really lovely, elderly house manager at the Duchess. I hope they are not going to make him wear leathers & tatoos....

#1140 greeny11

greeny11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:27 PM

Saw the new cast for the first time today, other than Tim Howar, I absolutely loved all of them, especially Ross who I think is fantastic as Drew.  Special shoutout to Tim D who got a lot of laughs from the audience with his Joey.

For me, Tim H has a very powerful voice, but I hated his acting.  It was rather bizarre tbh, it didn't feel like he was taking it seriously at all.  Shayne had clearly thought about what he wanted his Stacee to be like, and was consistent with it throughout - Tim's Stacee was over the top in one scene, then completely subdued in the next, it was all very erratic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users