1187 replies to this topic

#1141 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:52 PM

Interesting... I haven't seen the new cast yet but I have heard a cheeky recording. I absolutely loved Tim vocally, I'll be gutted if I don't like his acting. :(

#1142 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:39 AM

For me it's the other way round. I loved Tim's Stacee. Great voice and thought he was such a natural in the part. Wasn't convinced by Ross on the other hand. Liked his voice but for me he didn't look comfortable on stage. Much prefered Oli and Jamie.

#1143 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

Some thoughts:

Tim Howar is fantastic! Loved him. Amazing voice and I did really love his acting.

Considering how little I liked his Galileo, I liked Ross a lot more as Drew than I thought I would. I think he looks terrible in the wig and make up though! The only song I didn't like was High Enough, and I didn't think the connection with Natalie was there but I guess it will come in time.

Daniel looks scarily like Justin in his costume! And he's TALL! No wonder he lifts Simon instead of the other way around. He was good.

Tim D... Pretty crap track, didn't really notice him, but I'll check him out as Drew for sure.

Selina was a treat!! Great potential. She needs to find a bit more attitude though! Leanne I didn't like very much at all. Her dance technique was very poor (comparatively anyway, I'm not saying for a minute I could do better) I was surprised she danced Dream Sherrie. Definitely appreciate more than ever how bang on Amy's technique is and how much she gives to every performance. I missed all the guys who left of course, the show was not the same, it's lost it's magic somewhat for me, but it was the 3 girls I missed the most.

I don't think any of you will be surprised by this! ;)

#1144 greeny11

greeny11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:36 AM

Leanne looked a bit shaky doing that dream Sherrie routine - and her and Selina still haven't got into the hang of the quick changes as Scarlette (who was Waitress #1 on Saturday) had to do the 'Hi' bit just before 'Any Way You Want It'

#1145 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:55 AM

I didn't notice them miss any cues last night, though Selina had trouble with the clasp on her Constance shirt. But it's possible they did miss cues and I jut didn't notice, I wasn't really watching them. Times have changed!!! I used to barely take my eyes off Amy, Twinnie & Zizi if they were on stage.

#1146 thatgirlsophie

thatgirlsophie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:01 PM

View Postgreeny11, on 08 October 2012 - 06:36 AM, said:

Leanne looked a bit shaky doing that dream Sherrie routine - and her and Selina still haven't got into the hang of the quick changes as Scarlette (who was Waitress #1 on Saturday) had to do the 'Hi' bit just before 'Any Way You Want It'
The first week, I think Friday was the only night she managed that quick change (think she must be having trouble with the boots?) And last Saturday matinee (29th) she also didn't make it on for the '21 days and counting...' So she didn't come on until Selina did after the Oscar bit

#1147 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:25 PM

Leanne made the "hi" cue last night.

I can forgive stuff like that early on. Even experienced people make mistakes like that. The casting people must have seen something they liked in her, but I just don't see it.

So much of what I loved about this show was the choreography. I can't forgive bad technique in this show. I don't want to be unkind though, I'm sure she's a lovely girl and a great actor and singer. But dance is what I'm about, and the 3 girls that left are 3 of the best and very hard to replace.

#1148 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:29 PM

Natalie went off tonight mid show, I hope she's ok. Cordelia is on holiday so Jodie and therefore Leanne had to scramble at a moments notice. Drama!

#1149 paultheatre

paultheatre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:40 PM

Official Re-Opening NIght: 1st Feb 2013

#1150 Rozzi Rainbow

Rozzi Rainbow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

It's Tim's first show as Drew tonight :D  and from now on Tuesday is Ross's night off.
"Seek salvation in the place of living rock.
A bright bright star will show the way.
Go to where the champions played."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users