DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:00 PM

View Postpaultheatre, on 16 October 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

Official Re-Opening NIght: 1st Feb 2013

Has anything actually been confirmed as to where it's going yet? Or are we all still presuming it's the Duchess..

#1152 thatgirlsophie

thatgirlsophie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:16 PM

From a cast member tonight - still don't know about theatre yet, but confirmed reopening on 18th January

#1153 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:30 AM

Hmm... I've heard it may not be reopening at all. Who knows!

#1154 paultheatre

paultheatre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:42 PM

Duchess Theatre, Previews from 18th Jan, Press Night 1st Feb

#1155 isabel

isabel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:49 PM

Apparently Rock of Ages are on Strictly Come Dancing tonight.

#1156 greeny11

greeny11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:04 PM

They're not - it's one of the couples dancing to Here I Go Again - based on the film version of Rock of Ages.

#1157 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:24 PM

I can't even imagine what ballroom/latin dance you could do to that song, and I used to go to classes for a number of years!

#1158 greeny11

greeny11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:19 AM

It was a Tango, but the song was totally the wrong choice for it.

Seeing the show twice next week, on Tuesday to see Tim's Drew then again on the Wednesday.  I'm hoping Tim H has improved as Stacee since I last saw him.

#1159 Rozzi Rainbow

Rozzi Rainbow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:49 AM

I went yesterday afternoon and thought Ross was absolutely brilliant :D :D I loved him as Galileo but Drew seems a much harder role to sing and he did an amazingly long note at the end of one of the songs that just seemed to go on forever. I don't know how anyone can sing like that for 7 or 8 shows a week.

It was nice to see Tim D in the ensemble and I enjoyed his dancing. I thought Tim H was good as Stacee and I met him afterwards and he was lovely. Nathan was on as Lonny and Andrew was the Mayor. Having seen Simon last time I went (before cast change), it was nice to see Nathan this time. I thought he too was very good. Cordelia was on as Sherrie, Carly was Justice and Waitress #1 and Scarlette was Constance. I thought Cordelia was very good, and I thought she worked well with Ross. I think with the exception of Jodie, and either Hertz or Franz, I saw a completely different cast to last time. I seem to think I had an understudy for either Hertz or Franz last time, but the two I saw yesterday did look familiar so I may be mistaken.

The programmes are a bit of a let down as they still have the old cast in them!! :angry: They are a combined programme and brochure, so I expected the production shots would still be the old cast, but the cast list and bios still include them as well. I nearly took it back but then I realised the new people are on an insert, like the programme pages with their pics and bios and an updated cast list and understudy list. Then there was a separate insert showing who was playing different roles at that show! I suppose they are selling off old stock before they get new ones printed. They do have production shots of the new cast outside the theatre, so I don't know if they'll include those when they finally update the programme. I'll be a bit annoyed if they do, coz if I'd known that I would rather have waited to get a fully updated brochure :(

I'm still not sure if I really like the show but I enjoyed it and it was lots of fun :) I kept trying to sing along even thought I don't know many of the words, and I'd almost lost my voice by the end from singing and cheering. I hope to go again to see Tim as Drew and Stacee. Tuesday shows are hard for me to get to as work gets in the way, some I hope he gets some weekend dates soon.
"Seek salvation in the place of living rock.
A bright bright star will show the way.
Go to where the champions played."

#1160 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:53 AM

Saw this for the second time since cast change last weekend. Still adore Tim Howar as Stacee. That voice never fails to amaze me. He's got a couple of days off coming up so Tim Driesen should be on as Stacee soon (Grant did both shows last Sunday as Tim H was in Manchester to do a concert with Ruthie Henshall).

Ross has improved a lot since the first time I saw him. His voice really is great and I enjoyed his acting a lot more than when I saw him 2 weeks ago. I still miss Jamie and Oli though.

Simon was off and I did miss him but Nathan was fantastic as Lonny. Loved Cordelia's Sherrie!

I hope they update the brochure sometime soon as I'd love to get one with pictures of the new cast.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users