1187 replies to this topic

#1171 greeny11

greeny11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:03 AM

I know a couple of people who went and said she was fantastic.  She posted a picture on Twitter and she looks fantastic, I love her wig.

I was a bit gutted because I missed her by a day as I saw the show Tuesday and Wednesday.  Tim Driesen is a fantastic Drew, his voice is really good - his last 'Hold On' in Oh Sherrie is very different from anyone else, but a great twist.  I loved Ross again on Wednesday and he was great again, I love his Drew.

I must say I liked Tim Howar more than the first time - his interpretation makes more sense to me now, though I still prefer Shayne.  I also had Nathan as Lonny, and I forgot how great he is in that role - he isn't as outrageous as Simon, Nathan's Lonny is quite sweet, but still very funny.

#1172 theatremadhatter

theatremadhatter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:37 PM

With Loserville closing on the 5th Jan that gives Rock of Ages a week to move to the Garrick... ;) bigger and better than the Duchess. What do we think?

#1173 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

The 2 theatres that were bandied around were the Duchess and Garrick. I don't really like the Garrick but it is central and hopefully can get the audiences to keep the show open. Sad to see Loserville closing so soon though.

#1174 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

I hate them both but would rather the Duchess! At least you can see from most seats. The Garrick is awful for sight lines.

#1175 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

I don't like the Garrick, but it's location will pull people and rather it go there and last a year, than 6 months at the Duchess.

#1176 Rooster Byron

Rooster Byron

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:19 PM

I believe there is a crazy 5 day change between Loserville closing and ROA opening at the Garrick

#1177 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

Well ROA is scheduled to finish at the Shaftesbury on the 6th and reopen on the 18th, that's the last I heard and ROA don't tell their fans anything, they never even officially announced the new cast. But with moving the sets and rehearsals a 5 day turnaround would sound about right.

#1178 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

Tickets are still on sale until mid feb, has it changed the last Shaftesbury day?

Id prefer the dutchess even though its tiny.

#1179 thatgirlsophie

thatgirlsophie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:14 PM

No, still 6th January, but I imagine they don't want to stop selling/change things until a new theatre is confirmed

#1180 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

Garrick? I may cry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users